Is APCC Pro .17 the latest available? #APCC

Micheal Fields Jr

Headed out to the desert without internet for several days and wanted to get everything up to date before I do so.  Is there a beta or developer snapshot of a newer version than 1.8.8.17 I can download?

Also how close are you to 1.9 with ASTAP support?  Thanks

Ray Gralak

Headed out to the desert without internet for several days and wanted to get everything up to date before I do so. Is
there a beta or developer snapshot of a newer version than 1.8.8.17 I can download?

Also how close are you to 1.9 with ASTAP support? Thanks
No, we have not made any public beta or developer snapshots.

ASTAP is completely supported and tested in 1.9 but there are last-minute documentation updates and release management details being worked on.

BTW, why would you want to use beta software from any manufacturer at a dark site? That seems like a risky decision that could cost you imaging time if something goes wrong.

-Ray

Micheal Fields Jr

BTW, why would you want to use beta software from any manufacturer at a dark site? That seems like a risky decision that could cost you imaging time if something goes wrong.

-Ray
Because I live in a free country and can make my own decisions.

Ray Gralak

Because I live in a free country and can make my own decisions.
Yes, that's a given. Best of luck to you!

-Ray

W Hilmo

" BTW, why would you want to use beta software from any manufacturer at a dark site? That seems like a risky decision that could cost you imaging time if something goes wrong."

Amen to that. I travel many times per year to dark sky sites, and consider the time before travel to be a "no fly zone" for configuration changes or software updates. I like to have a few weeks to thoroughly test and stabilize the system ahead of this kind of trip. Once everything is working the way that I want, I touch *nothing*.

-Wade