Setting Park Position for ACP Script

Roland Christen

but the next time I need to balance the mount
prior to a recal, I'll start in the recommended Park 4.
Personally I like Park5. It points north, same as Park1 and is easier on the cables.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jun 19, 2021 10:23 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Setting Park Position for ACP Script

On 6/19/2021 10:56 PM, Jerome A Yesavage wrote:
> Thanks, that did it.  BTW, I could not find the documentation of why
> Part 1 is frowned upon?

My understanding is that, within seconds of starting tracking from Park
1, the mount goes into a counterweight-up position, which can cause
problems for the ASCOM driver.

I've never had problem, but the next time I need to balance the mount

--- Mike

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Ray Gralak

Park 1 is not a problem for the ASCOM driver. However, if the mount tracks into a counterweight up position before the mount is unparked, the mount (not the ASCOM driver) will assume the scope is on the other side of the pier. Thus, the mount would *appear* to be lost on the next slew.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Dodd
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Setting Park Position for ACP Script

Thanks, that did it. BTW, I could not find the documentation of why
Part 1 is frowned upon?

I've never had problem, but the next time I need to balance the mount

--- Mike

Jerome A Yesavage

Thanks, hard to believe I am into this level of detail on the mount, but is there a reason why 4 is recommended?  I have moved to 5 but could use 4 also.  I used to use 3 and that was easy to get an approximate position is I have to recal.  Come to think of it, 4 or 5 might be easier since I could verify their position with a level. 

I am moving to the horizontal position to raise my pier eventually 8" to get maximum view low on the horizon over the edge of my ROR observatory. 

BTW again since I have had to rediscover polar alignment I have been using the latest version of PemPro, taht plus careful balancing makes the job of the Mach1 a lot easier.

Mike Dodd

Thanks, that did it. BTW, I could not find the documentation of why
Part 1 is frowned upon?
My understanding is that, within seconds of starting tracking from Park 1, the mount goes into a counterweight-up position, which can cause problems for the ASCOM driver.

I've never had problem, but the next time I need to balance the mount prior to a recal, I'll start in the recommended Park 4.

--- Mike

Jerome A Yesavage

Thanks, that did it.  BTW, I could not find the documentation of why Part 1 is frowned upon? 

Yves Laroche

ACP uses the ASCOM Driver.  You need to select the park position from the Driver not from APCC .

Yves

Le 17 juin 2021 18 h 25, Jerome A Yesavage <yesavage@...> a écrit :
Hey George, I do that and it still goes back to 3 when Bob's Shutdown runs.... is there maybe a registry setting?

Jerome A Yesavage

Hey George, I do that and it still goes back to 3 when Bob's Shutdown runs.... is there maybe a registry setting?

George

Jerry,

If you are using APCC, go to the Park tab and change to Park position to Park 5.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Email:  george@...

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerome A Yesavage
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:39 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] Setting Park Position for ACP Script

Hi,
My Mach 1 seems to have a default Park 3 position and I want to change it to Park 5.  This is evoked when the shutdown script in ACP runs telescope.park.  This cannot be changed in ACP.  I do not see a setting in APCC that controls this for my Mach 1.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Jerry Y

Dale Ghent

If you have APCC open, you can go to Settings > Edit ASCOM Driver Settings... and look in the lower left corner of the resulting window. Change Park To: to Park 5 and make sure that Unpark From is set to Last Parked.

On Jun 17, 2021, at 10:39, Jerome A Yesavage <yesavage@stanford.edu> wrote:

Hi,
My Mach 1 seems to have a default Park 3 position and I want to change it to Park 5. This is evoked when the shutdown script in ACP runs telescope.park. This cannot be changed in ACP. I do not see a setting in APCC that controls this for my Mach 1.
Thanks,
Jerry Y

Jerome A Yesavage

Hi,
My Mach 1 seems to have a default Park 3 position and I want to change it to Park 5.  This is evoked when the shutdown script in ACP runs telescope.park.  This cannot be changed in ACP.  I do not see a setting in APCC that controls this for my Mach 1.
Thanks,
Jerry Y