From: Mike Dodd <mike@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jun 19, 2021 10:23 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Setting Park Position for ACP Script

On 6/19/2021 10:56 PM, Jerome A Yesavage wrote:
> Thanks, that did it.  BTW, I could not find the documentation of why
> Part 1 is frowned upon?

My understanding is that, within seconds of starting tracking from Park
1, the mount goes into a counterweight-up position, which can cause
problems for the ASCOM driver.

I've never had problem, but the next time I need to balance the mount
prior to a recal, I'll start in the recommended Park 4.

--- Mike

My understanding is that, within seconds of starting tracking from Park
1, the mount goes into a counterweight-up position, which can cause
problems for the ASCOM driver.
Park 1 is not a problem for the ASCOM driver. However, if the mount tracks into a counterweight up position before the mount is unparked, the mount (not the ASCOM driver) will assume the scope is on the other side of the pier. Thus, the mount would *appear* to be lost on the next slew.

-Ray

On 6/19/2021 10:56 PM, Jerome A Yesavage wrote:
Thanks, that did it. BTW, I could not find the documentation of why
Part 1 is frowned upon?
My understanding is that, within seconds of starting tracking from Park
1, the mount goes into a counterweight-up position, which can cause
problems for the ASCOM driver.

I've never had problem, but the next time I need to balance the mount
prior to a recal, I'll start in the recommended Park 4.

--- Mike

Jerome A Yesavage

Thanks, hard to believe I am into this level of detail on the mount, but is there a reason why 4 is recommended?  I have moved to 5 but could use 4 also.  I used to use 3 and that was easy to get an approximate position is I have to recal.  Come to think of it, 4 or 5 might be easier since I could verify their position with a level.

I am moving to the horizontal position to raise my pier eventually 8" to get maximum view low on the horizon over the edge of my ROR observatory.

BTW again since I have had to rediscover polar alignment I have been using the latest version of PemPro, taht plus careful balancing makes the job of the Mach1 a lot easier.

Mike Dodd

On 6/19/2021 10:56 PM, Jerome A Yesavage wrote:
Thanks, that did it. BTW, I could not find the documentation of why
Part 1 is frowned upon?
My understanding is that, within seconds of starting tracking from Park 1, the mount goes into a counterweight-up position, which can cause problems for the ASCOM driver.

I've never had problem, but the next time I need to balance the mount prior to a recal, I'll start in the recommended Park 4.

--- Mike

Jerome A Yesavage

Thanks, that did it.  BTW, I could not find the documentation of why Part 1 is frowned upon?

Yves Laroche

ACP uses the ASCOM Driver.  You need to select the park position from the Driver not from APCC .

Yves

Le 17 juin 2021 18 h 25, Jerome A Yesavage <yesavage@...> a écrit :
Hey George, I do that and it still goes back to 3 when Bob's Shutdown runs.... is there maybe a registry setting?

Jerome A Yesavage

Hey George, I do that and it still goes back to 3 when Bob's Shutdown runs.... is there maybe a registry setting?

George

Jerry,

If you are using APCC, go to the Park tab and change to Park position to Park 5.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.