Models #APCC

Worsel

It's time we stopped Continental drift...

Bryan

KHursh

Thanks Ray. I will give that a try

Ray Gralak

Hi Kevin,

I have a pretty big model in APPM and I am semi-permanently mounted. I have the Mach2 on a Losmandy HD
tripod on concrete blocks. My dirt/lawn is largely clay, so even though I am well polar aligned, it drifts often due to
the soil shrinking when it gets dry. So my question is, while there have been no other changes to my set-up, the
altitude of my PA does change, so is my model now useless? Thanks in advance.
I have the same type of soil. Small shifts in polar alignment will primarily affect all-sky pointing accuracy. You can recover all-sky pointing accuracy by refining your polar alignment, leaving everything else the same.

-Ray

I have a pretty big model in APPM and I am semi-permanently mounted. I have the Mach2 on a Losmandy HD
tripod on concrete blocks. My dirt/lawn is largely clay, so even though I am well polar aligned, it drifts often due to
the soil shrinking when it gets dry. So my question is, while there have been no other changes to my set-up, the
altitude of my PA does change, so is my model now useless? Thanks in advance.

Kevin

KHursh

That's funny. No. More than zero?

Roland Christen

Have you measured the drift due to soil motion?