Lost AP1100AE

Rick Darden

Hi Ray,

Your procedure worked. Thank you very much.

Rick Darden.

Ted Mickle

problem = program 

On May 8, 2021, at 13:54, Ted Mickle via groups.io <tedmickle@...> wrote:

Rolando,

I’ve tried setting both mount and computer to UTC, but that seemed to interfere with the planetarium problem I was running - is there a work around?

Ted

On May 8, 2021, at 12:43, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

The home position was originally set during standard time. Is it possible when I homed it, it still thought it was standard time instead of Daylight Savings Time?
Quite possible. Best way to avoid the daylight savings hassle is to use Universal time.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, May 8, 2021 12:16 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Lost AP1100AE

Hi Ray,

Yes I can see the mount and I am going to give that a shot tonight. 

The home position was originally set during standard time. Is it possible when I homed it, it still thought it was standard time instead of Daylight Savings Time?

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Ted Mickle

Rolando,

I’ve tried setting both mount and computer to UTC, but that seemed to interfere with the planetarium problem I was running - is there a work around?

Ted

On May 8, 2021, at 12:43, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Quite possible. Best way to avoid the daylight savings hassle is to use Universal time.

Rolando

Hi Ray,

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Roland Christen

Rolando

Hi Ray,

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Rick Darden

Hi Ray,

Ray Gralak

Hi Rick,

I assume you can see the mount remotely via a camera?

If so, using APCC:

1) Park the mount to the Park 3 position.
2) In APCC's Move Scope group box, move the RA axis East or West until the scope is as close as you can to the Park 3 position.
3) Park the mount at the current position.
4) Unpark the mount from "Park 3" in APCC's Unpark group box. Click "OK" to the warning dialog.

The mount should now be close enough to allow you to later do a plate solve and recal.

Then set the Home position again. Something must have changed or was reset not to have homing work correctly.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rick Darden
Sent: Saturday, May 8, 2021 8:49 AM

Hi Rolando,

Just checked and the time is correct in APCC

Rick Darden

Hi Rolando,

Just checked and the time is correct in APCC

Roland Christen

Time is probably off by 1 hour. That would cause park positions to shift in RA by 15 degrees. Dec is not affected by a time error. No need to reposition the mount, simply change the time and send it back to a park position. Park 3 is probably the safest since any error in time won't cause a telescope crash.

Rolando

Sent: Sat, May 8, 2021 8:51 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Lost AP1100AE

Hi All,

Last night I was troubleshooting plate solving and ended up getting the mount lost. I homed the mount and thought that would get me squared up but when I parked (position 5) the mount, it is counterweight up approx 10 degrees and dec is in the right position.

It is at a remote observatory so I can't loosen the clutches and reposition the mount. 

Any thoughts to get me out of this?

Much appreciated.

Rick

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Rick Darden

Hi All,

Last night I was troubleshooting plate solving and ended up getting the mount lost. I homed the mount and thought that would get me squared up but when I parked (position 5) the mount, it is counterweight up approx 10 degrees and dec is in the right position.

It is at a remote observatory so I can't loosen the clutches and reposition the mount. 

Any thoughts to get me out of this?

Much appreciated.

Rick