Lost AP1100AE

Rick Darden

Hi Ray,

Your procedure worked. Thank you very much.

Rick Darden.

Ted Mickle

problem = program

On May 8, 2021, at 13:54, Ted Mickle via groups.io <tedmickle@...> wrote:

Rolando,

I’ve tried setting both mount and computer to UTC, but that seemed to interfere with the planetarium problem I was running - is there a work around?

Ted

On May 8, 2021, at 12:43, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

The home position was originally set during standard time. Is it possible when I homed it, it still thought it was standard time instead of Daylight Savings Time?
Quite possible. Best way to avoid the daylight savings hassle is to use Universal time.

Yes I can see the mount and I am going to give that a shot tonight.

The home position was originally set during standard time. Is it possible when I homed it, it still thought it was standard time instead of Daylight Savings Time?

Rick Darden

Hi Ray,

Yes I can see the mount and I am going to give that a shot tonight.

The home position was originally set during standard time. Is it possible when I homed it, it still thought it was standard time instead of Daylight Savings Time?

Ray Gralak

Hi Rick,

I assume you can see the mount remotely via a camera?

If so, using APCC:

1) Park the mount to the Park 3 position.
2) In APCC's Move Scope group box, move the RA axis East or West until the scope is as close as you can to the Park 3 position.
3) Park the mount at the current position.
4) Unpark the mount from "Park 3" in APCC's Unpark group box. Click "OK" to the warning dialog.

The mount should now be close enough to allow you to later do a plate solve and recal.

Then set the Home position again. Something must have changed or was reset not to have homing work correctly.

-Ray