Motor Box Removal — AP1100 AE-L

John Stiner

Thanks for the quick response!

George

John,

Unscrew and detach the connectors before removing the box.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Email:  george@...

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Stiner
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 12:50 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Motor Box Removal — AP1100 AE-L

My grease kit arrived from AP and I have been reviewing the instructions. With regard to removal of the motor boxes, my encoder mount has a small attachment (aluminum cover) on the bottom of each motor box that has a cable running to the read head for the encoders. I am not above screwing things up so before I engage in my usual damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead routine, I wanted to pause and see if this aluminum attachment may safely be removed by removing the screws that attach it to the motor box. Otherwise, after removal of the motor box, it would still be attached to the mount via the cable that runs to the read head. If not, is there another way to remove the motor box? My apologies if this has been covered in a previous post but I couldn’t locate one.

Roland Christen

Yes, go ahead and detach the cable. Nothing bad will happen.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, May 5, 2021 12:49 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Motor Box Removal — AP1100 AE-L

My grease kit arrived from AP and I have been reviewing the instructions. With regard to removal of the motor boxes, my encoder mount has a small attachment (aluminum cover) on the bottom of each motor box that has a cable running to the read head for the encoders. I am not above screwing things up so before I engage in my usual damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead routine, I wanted to pause and see if this aluminum attachment may safely be removed by removing the screws that attach it to the motor box. Otherwise, after removal of the motor box, it would still be attached to the mount via the cable that runs to the read head. If not, is there another way to remove the motor box? My apologies if this has been covered in a previous post but I couldn’t locate one.

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

John Stiner