Dew cap internal flocking peeling off

Jim Fakatselis

The black flocking lining on my 130EDF dew cap has peeled off.  Any ideas on how to repair it?
Thank you in advance.

Jim

JT

Double sided tape from Michaels or any craft store should do the job.

On May 3, 2021, at 15:31, Jim Fakatselis <pashasdad@...> wrote:

The black flocking lining on my 130EDF dew cap has peeled off.  Any ideas on how to repair it?
Thank you in advance.

Jim

Roland Christen

Pliobond works really well.

The black flocking lining on my 130EDF dew cap has peeled off.  Any ideas on how to repair it?
Thank you in advance.
Jim

Jim Fakatselis

Thanks, just ordered some Pliobond.
Jim

On May 3, 2021, at 4:00 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Pliobond works really well.

The black flocking lining on my 130EDF dew cap has peeled off.  Any ideas on how to repair it?
Thank you in advance.
Jim

Mike Dodd

On 5/3/2021 9:50 PM, Jim Fakatselis wrote:
Thanks, just ordered some Pliobond.
Jim

On May 3, 2021, at 4:00 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io
<chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Pliobond works really well.

Rolando
Is there any chance the evaporating volatiles from the Pliobond could fog the objective lens?

--- Mike

Roland Christen

Is there any chance the evaporating volatiles from the Pliobond could
fog the objective lens?
No, no chance. besides, that dewcap is not part of the tube assembly