Keypad V5.xxx Software Status?

DFisch

Fernando, you have related my thoughts so well, A very fine post and one that really makes you want to read it and understand it. Unlike some negative posts that literally suck the life out of you as you read them.

I think the people who have really stuck with their project and made it a solid performing piece of hardware are to be congratulated .  I have faith.
Also I feel the little disrupters  of my own work life due to multiple factors that involve the slow down from the Covid pandemic.  They just slow you down and make you feel less efficient and less confident.

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 15:28 fernandorivera3 via groups.io <fernandorivera3=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This question about "when is V5.X keypad firmware coming out" has been asked numerous times on a weekly basis. And often AP has stated that the release is not ready yet because the beta testers have not had many clear nights especially this winter to continue testing the new software. And I believe the V5.X manual is being worked on carefully to make sure no mistakes are included, then a revision has to be made. Plus COVID-19 caused the manufacturing of refractors & mounts as well as the assembly, testing, & shipping of completed items & projects to be delayed significantly, unfortunately & I am sure the folks at AP are working hard on everything <including the new keypad firmware release>.
Yes it's inconvenient waiting a long time for something highly anticipated but what's important is the final product is released when all the program testing is finished & no "bugs" make their presence known while the user is going thru the different keypad menus/routines. They've asked that people be patient & I'm sure an announcement will be made when the new keypad software is about to be released.

Fernando

--
TJF MOBILE

DFisch

Beat Koehler AYO VAMO Traveller already holds that moniker, It’s not an AP 400 but it’s a darn fine mount for grab and go. --
TJF MOBILE

fernandorivera3

[...]

Martin Rabanser

I'd like to second those thoughts.

The AP website still mentions that software version 5 for CP4 owners will (should have been) released by late December 2020 or early January 2021. We're now approaching March 2021 and there's still no word. Not to mention the fact it should have been released a year ago. At least the AP website should have been updated to reflect this.

I'm sure the folks at AP face a lot of issues, but at least comunicate, give some updates on the status. That would have been helpful.

Martin

Kent10

Also, are the catalog databases going to be updated as planned?  I recall someone from AP mentioned here that the double star catalogs might be updated.  I am really looking forward to that.  Thanks.

Elenillor

Wondering how the updated keypad software is doing and if there is a new projected release time.

John