From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Allen Gilchrist via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, February 6, 2021 12:42 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] ASCOM with AP1200 GTO and TheSkyX?

Mike,

Thanks for responding here. I still can not see my or Ray's posts on the other thread.

Allen

Allen Gilchrist

Mike,

Thanks for responding here.  I still can not see my or Ray's posts on the other thread.

Allen

Mike Dodd

On 2/6/2021 10:17 AM, Allen Gilchrist via groups.io wrote:
I tried to post this last night, but I don't think it got
through.[...] Can anyone help?
It went through, and Ray replied. I think he advised you to select the ASCOM mount in SkyX, then open the Properties dialog to find and select your 1200.

--- Mike

Allen Gilchrist

I tried to post this last night, but I don't think it got through.  I have not been able to get ASCOM to work with my AP1200 GTO and TheSkyX (TSX).  I downloaded ASCOMPlatform65SP1.exe to my Windows 10 observatory computer, and installed the ASCOM platform.  Then I downloaded Astrophysics_V2_Setup_5.30.10.exe and installed the AP1200 GTO driver.  I was able to set up the mount in the setup program, and then connect to the mount with the Jog program.  I could move the mount around and test many of the functions.  When I opened TSX, and tried to connect to the mount from there, however, there was no listing of AstroPhysice GTO V2 Mount under either the ASCOM or Astro-Physics tabs.  I did find something on the web about a special driver for TheSky, but the post it was several years old, and I think the current versions of TSX should work without it.  I'm missing something.  Can anyone help?

Allen