Mountains and Dragons - IC1805

Roland Christen

Hello Astronuts,

Finally got around to processing the heart of the Heart nebula, IC 1805. This was a difficult image for me because of continual thin clouds that prevented getting some of the fainter narrowband data. I managed to shoot 10.5 hours of H-a but only 3.5 hours of OIII and 5.5 hours of SII. The latter two took a lot of noise reduction to bring in. Fortunately the main detail is in H-a, so I used that for a small amount of Luminance. Most of the frames were imaged unguided, the other half was guided.

Image and details at: https://www.astrobin.com/k6qvkh/0/

160EDF with 155 EDF piggyback on the Mach2 mount, QSI 683WSG camera, Lodestar guide camera.

Steve Reilly

Vert sweet image Roland.

-Steve

Finally got around to processing the heart of the Heart nebula, IC 1805. This was a difficult image for me because of continual thin clouds that prevented getting some of the fainter narrowband data. I managed to shoot 10.5 hours of H-a but only 3.5 hours of OIII and 5.5 hours of SII. The latter two took a lot of noise reduction to bring in. Fortunately the main detail is in H-a, so I used that for a small amount of Luminance. Most of the frames were imaged unguided, the other half was guided.

160EDF with 155 EDF piggyback on the Mach2 mount, QSI 683WSG camera, Lodestar guide camera.

Thanks.

Finally got around to processing the heart of the Heart nebula, IC 1805. This was a difficult image for me because of continual thin clouds that prevented getting some of the fainter narrowband data. I managed to shoot 10.5 hours of H-a but only 3.5 hours of OIII and 5.5 hours of SII. The latter two took a lot of noise reduction to bring in. Fortunately the main detail is in H-a, so I used that for a small amount of Luminance. Most of the frames were imaged unguided, the other half was guided.

160EDF with 155 EDF piggyback on the Mach2 mount, QSI 683WSG camera, Lodestar guide camera.

Pete Mumbower

Wow that is a superb image, thin clouds or not. Well done. That Mach2 isn't sweating with that load!

Pete

Luca Marinelli

That’s a beautiful image. Ha luminance worked a treat to tame down the noisy channels.

Did you use both telescopes to collect this data or only one?

Luca

On Jan 29, 2021, at 8:02 PM, Pete Mumbower via groups.io <pmumbower@...> wrote:

Wow that is a superb image, thin clouds or not. Well done. That Mach2 isn't sweating with that load!

Pete

a really stunning image. Great clarity, detail, and color

Brian

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 4:52 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Astronuts,

Finally got around to processing the heart of the Heart nebula, IC 1805. This was a difficult image for me because of continual thin clouds that prevented getting some of the fainter narrowband data. I managed to shoot 10.5 hours of H-a but only 3.5 hours of OIII and 5.5 hours of SII. The latter two took a lot of noise reduction to bring in. Fortunately the main detail is in H-a, so I used that for a small amount of Luminance. Most of the frames were imaged unguided, the other half was guided.

160EDF with 155 EDF piggyback on the Mach2 mount, QSI 683WSG camera, Lodestar guide camera.

Brian

Brian Valente

Willie Strickland

Excellent!

Willie

Roland Christen

I used just the 160 for this one. I'm using the other one to test some accessories.

That’s a beautiful image. Ha luminance worked a treat to tame down the noisy channels.

Did you use both telescopes to collect this data or only one?

Luca

On Jan 29, 2021, at 8:02 PM, Pete Mumbower via groups.io <pmumbower@...> wrote:

Wow that is a superb image, thin clouds or not. Well done. That Mach2 isn't sweating with that load!

Pete

Jeff B

" I'm using the other one to test some accessories."

Curiosity abounds.  🤔😀