Mountains and Dragons - IC1805

Roland Christen

Hello Astronuts,

Finally got around to processing the heart of the Heart nebula, IC 1805. This was a difficult image for me because of continual thin clouds that prevented getting some of the fainter narrowband data. I managed to shoot 10.5 hours of H-a but only 3.5 hours of OIII and 5.5 hours of SII. The latter two took a lot of noise reduction to bring in. Fortunately the main detail is in H-a, so I used that for a small amount of Luminance. Most of the frames were imaged unguided, the other half was guided.

Image and details at: https://www.astrobin.com/k6qvkh/0/

160EDF with 155 EDF piggyback on the Mach2 mount, QSI 683WSG camera, Lodestar guide camera.

Rolando

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Steve Reilly

Vert sweet image Roland.

-Steve

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roland Christen via groups.io
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 7:52 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io; main@ap-ug.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Mountains and Dragons - IC1805

Hello Astronuts,

Finally got around to processing the heart of the Heart nebula, IC 1805. This was a difficult image for me because of continual thin clouds that prevented getting some of the fainter narrowband data. I managed to shoot 10.5 hours of H-a but only 3.5 hours of OIII and 5.5 hours of SII. The latter two took a lot of noise reduction to bring in. Fortunately the main detail is in H-a, so I used that for a small amount of Luminance. Most of the frames were imaged unguided, the other half was guided.

160EDF with 155 EDF piggyback on the Mach2 mount, QSI 683WSG camera, Lodestar guide camera.

Rolando

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Roland Christen

Thanks.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Jan 29, 2021 6:58 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mountains and Dragons - IC1805

Vert sweet image Roland.

-Steve

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roland Christen via groups.io
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 7:52 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io; main@ap-ug.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Mountains and Dragons - IC1805

Hello Astronuts,

Rolando

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Pete Mumbower

Wow that is a superb image, thin clouds or not. Well done. That Mach2 isn't sweating with that load!

Pete

Luca Marinelli

That’s a beautiful image. Ha luminance worked a treat to tame down the noisy channels.

Did you use both telescopes to collect this data or only one?

Luca

On Jan 29, 2021, at 8:02 PM, Pete Mumbower via groups.io <pmumbower@...> wrote:

Wow that is a superb image, thin clouds or not. Well done. That Mach2 isn't sweating with that load!

Pete

a really stunning image. Great clarity, detail, and color

Brian

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 4:52 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Astronuts,

Rolando

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

--
Brian 

Brian Valente

Willie Strickland

Excellent!

Willie

Roland Christen

I used just the 160 for this one. I'm using the other one to test some accessories.

Rolando

To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jan 29, 2021 7:08 pm

That’s a beautiful image. Ha luminance worked a treat to tame down the noisy channels.

Luca

On Jan 29, 2021, at 8:02 PM, Pete Mumbower via groups.io <pmumbower@...> wrote:

Pete

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Jeff B

" I'm using the other one to test some accessories."

Curiosity abounds.  🤔😀

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 11:05 AM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I used just the 160 for this one. I'm using the other one to test some accessories.

Rolando

To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jan 29, 2021 7:08 pm

Luca

On Jan 29, 2021, at 8:02 PM, Pete Mumbower via groups.io <pmumbower=hotmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Pete

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics