Mach2 tracking below custom horizon

Luca Marinelli

Thank you very much, Ray!

Luca

On Jan 22, 2021, at 8:38 PM, Ray Gralak via groups.io <groups3=gralak.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Luca,

Thank you for the logs. This was an unusual case in that there happened to be a race condition between the horizon limit being reached and the update of the RA/Dec tracking rates because the pointing model was active. I have created a new APCC Pro release, v1.8.8.17, which should prevent this from happening in the future. This issue only affects APCC Pro.

In case "check for update" is not working in APCC Pro, here is the direct download link:

http://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Setup_1.8.8.17.exe

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luca Marinelli
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 3:19 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 tracking below custom horizon

[Edited Message Follows]

So I went through the SGP log and the application was sitting idly not sending any commands to AP ASCOM
driver after the end of the APPM run. As I said, I was not running a sequence, only using SGP for camera control
and plate solving.

Ray, I copied the APPC and AP ASCOM logs in my Dropbox if you want to take a look, but I am quite certain this
had nothing to do with an errant request from a client.

APPC/AP ASCOM logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh3l6k5sut40hfi/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-01-22-
061412.zip?dl=0
SGP log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3gdtid7curwcys/sg_logfile_20210120175716.log?dl=0

The APPM run ended at 7:47pm 1/20/2021 near the Western horizon.

Thanks,

Luca

Worsel

Ray

APPC Pro notified me of an update (1.8.8.17) which installed cleanly.

Thanks!

Bryan

Ray Gralak

[...]

Edited

So I went through the SGP log and the application was sitting idly not sending any commands to AP ASCOM driver after the end of the APPM run. As I said, I was not running a sequence, only using SGP for camera control and plate solving.

Ray, I copied the APPC and AP ASCOM logs in my Dropbox if you want to take a look, but I am quite certain this had nothing to do with an errant request from a client.

APPC/AP ASCOM logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh3l6k5sut40hfi/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-01-22-061412.zip?dl=0
SGP log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3gdtid7curwcys/sg_logfile_20210120175716.log?dl=0

The APPM run ended at 7:47pm 1/20/2021 near the Western horizon.

Thanks,

Luca

Ray Gralak

The intent of the horizon and meridian limits is to handle situations where the client application crashes or gets stuck

Using the bounce-back option may work, but I think the real question is why did the client application enable tracking but not handle presumably bad images below the horizon limit and/or bad autoguiding?

Locking the mount is probably a bad idea because it could prevent a client application from potentially continuing with imaging until manually unlocked.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro