Topics

[ap-ug] Full size image on Astrobin missing?

James Stone

The only options I see are “fit to window” and “technical card”. 

On Dec 11, 2020, at 8:18 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Hello Astronuts,

One of my fans has noticed that none of my Astrobin images have the full size option. Can any of you access the full size image from this link:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/?real=&mod=

Or can you only access this smaller image:
https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/

James Stone

Correction to the last message, the link below does take one directly to the full resolution image. Once selecting “fit to window”, the option for “full resolution” is offered which takes one back to the image demonstrated in the initial link. 

On Dec 11, 2020, at 8:38 PM, James Stone <jrs7r@...> wrote:

On Dec 11, 2020, at 8:18 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Hello Astronuts,

One of my fans has noticed that none of my Astrobin images have the full size option. Can any of you access the full size image from this link:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/?real=&mod=

https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/

Jeff B

Roland, both links gave me the same size image, ~1800 x 1400, and 1.43MB.

Is that full size?

Jeff

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 8:45 PM James Stone <jrs7r@...> wrote:
Correction to the last message, the link below does take one directly to the full resolution image. Once selecting “fit to window”, the option for “full resolution” is offered which takes one back to the image demonstrated in the initial link. 

On Dec 11, 2020, at 8:18 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello Astronuts,

Roland Christen

Is that full size?
No, the full size image is twice as big with higher resolution. I don't know why some can get it and others cannot. Is there a setting in my Astrobin account that is set wrong? Anyone know?

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Cc: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Dec 11, 2020 8:13 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] [ap-ug] Full size image on Astrobin missing?

Is that full size?

Jeff

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 8:45 PM James Stone <jrs7r@...> wrote:

On Dec 11, 2020, at 8:18 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello Astronuts,

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Roland Christen

I just upgraded to the Ultimate subscription plan, so everyone should not be able to get the full res version.

Rolando

To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Dec 12, 2020 4:52 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Full size image on Astrobin missing?

I see just the technical card. I'm on a 3000x2000 monitor so it looks detailed. Saving it saves a half resolution copy. Mysterious. 

Tanveer

PS. I don't have an Astrobin account. 

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 8:29 AM James Stone <jrs7r@...> wrote:
I’m having no problem accessing the 3326x2504, 5MB image on multiple platforms. One platform is a Macbook Pro with Blackmagic eGPU connected to an Apple XDR 6k monitor and another is an iPhone XS. Both bring up the full resolution image when accessing this link: https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/?real=&mod=

One possible explanation for the differential experience may be found here: https://welcome.astrobin.com/blog/changes-to-subscriptions-2020

On that page, is states: “Visitors without an account, or members with a Free account cannot view the full-resolution images unless the author of the image is on the Ultimate subscription. However, they can access the large version of the image that is 1824 pixels wide”. So, if this image was uploaded to an account with a subscription tier somewhere below “Ultimate” then it may explain it, particularly if those unable to access the full resolution image are on a “Free” or unregistered account.

From: <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of "Roland Christen via groups.io" <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io>
Reply-To: "main@ap-ug.groups.io" <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Date: Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 10:52 AM
To: "main@ap-ug.groups.io" <main@ap-ug.groups.io>

I did upload the full 3326x2504 size and it should show up. It's a mystery why it doesn't show.

Rolando

Sent: Fri, Dec 11, 2020 8:55 pm
The high resolution link is rather stunning on my monitor and does enlarge as others have described.
However, the high resolution image is only 1824 x 1373 pixels which is a little more than half the resolution of your image as described on the technical card (3326x2504). That resolution would probably be even more impressive.

Andrew

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Roland Christen

ARGGG! So everyone should NOW be able to get the full res

Rolando

To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>; main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Dec 12, 2020 5:01 pm

I just upgraded to the Ultimate subscription plan, so everyone should not be able to get the full res version.

Rolando

I see just the technical card. I'm on a 3000x2000 monitor so it looks detailed. Saving it saves a half resolution copy. Mysterious. 

Tanveer

I’m having no problem accessing the 3326x2504, 5MB image on multiple platforms. One platform is a Macbook Pro with Blackmagic eGPU connected to an Apple XDR 6k monitor and another is an iPhone XS. Both bring up the full resolution image when accessing this link: https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/?real=&mod=

One possible explanation for the differential experience may be found here: https://welcome.astrobin.com/blog/changes-to-subscriptions-2020

On that page, is states: “Visitors without an account, or members with a Free account cannot view the full-resolution images unless the author of the image is on the Ultimate subscription. However, they can access the large version of the image that is 1824 pixels wide”. So, if this image was uploaded to an account with a subscription tier somewhere below “Ultimate” then it may explain it, particularly if those unable to access the full resolution image are on a “Free” or unregistered account.

From: <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of "Roland Christen via groups.io" <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io>

I did upload the full 3326x2504 size and it should show up. It's a mystery why it doesn't show.

Rolando

The high resolution link is rather stunning on my monitor and does enlarge as others have described.
However, the high resolution image is only 1824 x 1373 pixels which is a little more than half the resolution of your image as described on the technical card (3326x2504). That resolution would probably be even more impressive.

Andrew

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Pete Lardizabal

Mega size now visible!!!

💪🏻

Pete

On Dec 12, 2020, at 6:04 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

ARGGG! So everyone should NOW be able to get the full res

Rolando

To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>; main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Dec 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Rolando

Tanveer

Rolando

Andrew