Topics

[ap-ug] Full size image on Astrobin missing?

James Stone

The only options I see are “fit to window” and “technical card”.

On Dec 11, 2020, at 8:18 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Hello Astronuts,

One of my fans has noticed that none of my Astrobin images have the full size option. Can any of you access the full size image from this link:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/?real=&mod=

Or can you only access this smaller image:
https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/

James Stone

Correction to the last message, the link below does take one directly to the full resolution image. Once selecting “fit to window”, the option for “full resolution” is offered which takes one back to the image demonstrated in the initial link.

On Dec 11, 2020, at 8:38 PM, James Stone <jrs7r@...> wrote:

 The only options I see are “fit to window” and “technical card”.

On Dec 11, 2020, at 8:18 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Hello Astronuts,

One of my fans has noticed that none of my Astrobin images have the full size option. Can any of you access the full size image from this link:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/?real=&mod=

Or can you only access this smaller image:
https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/

Jeff B

Roland, both links gave me the same size image, ~1800 x 1400, and 1.43MB.

Is that full size?

Jeff

On Dec 11, 2020, at 8:18 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello Astronuts,

One of my fans has noticed that none of my Astrobin images have the full size option. Can any of you access the full size image from this link:

Or can you only access this smaller image:

Roland Christen

Roland, both links gave me the same size image, ~1800 x 1400, and 1.43MB.

Is that full size?
No, the full size image is twice as big with higher resolution. I don't know why some can get it and others cannot. Is there a setting in my Astrobin account that is set wrong? Anyone know?

From: <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of "Roland Christen via groups.io" <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 10:52 AM
To: "main@ap-ug.groups.io" <main@ap-ug.groups.io>

I did upload the full 3326x2504 size and it should show up. It's a mystery why it doesn't show.

From: <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of "Roland Christen via groups.io" <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 10:52 AM
To: "main@ap-ug.groups.io" <main@ap-ug.groups.io>

I did upload the full 3326x2504 size and it should show up. It's a mystery why it doesn't show.

The high resolution link is rather stunning on my monitor and does enlarge as others have described.
However, the high resolution image is only 1824 x 1373 pixels which is a little more than half the resolution of your image as described on the technical card (3326x2504). That resolution would probably be even more impressive.

Andrew

Pete Lardizabal

Mega size now visible!!!

💪🏻