Full size image on Astrobin missing?

Roland Christen

Hello Astronuts,

One of my fans has noticed that none of my Astrobin images have the full size option. Can any of you access the full size image from this link:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/?real=&mod=

Or can you only access this smaller image:
https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/

Mike Dodd

On 12/11/2020 8:18 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io wrote:
Hello Astronuts,

One of my fans has noticed that none of my Astrobin images have the full
size option. Can any of you access the full size image from this link:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/?real=&mod=
It works for me.

--- Mike

Roland Christen

It works for me.
So you can get both the Fit to Window and the full size?

On 12/11/2020 8:18 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io wrote:

> Hello Astronuts,
>
> One of my fans has noticed that none of my Astrobin images have the full
> size option. Can any of you access the full size image from this link:
>
> https://www.astrobin.com/full/bovv9h/0/?real=&mod=

It works for me.

--- Mike

Woody Schlom

Roland,

I was able to open both links.  And both look stunning.

Woody

On 12/11/2020 8:35 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io wrote:

It works for me.

So you can get both the Fit to Window and the full size?
I see the fit-to-window, and if I click the + magnifying glass, the image enlarges to where M33 nearly fills my screen, and scroll bars appear. Browser: Firefox.

--- mike

Marcelo Figueroa

I think it has to do with whether you are logged in or not. The full resolution image is available only if you are logged in.

Roland Christen

I think it has to do with whether you are logged in or not. The full resolution image is available only if you are logged in.
Ah thank you, that makes sense.

I think it has to do with whether you are logged in or not. The full resolution image is available only if you are logged in.

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi Rolando,
   Just out of curiosity, why are there "cross" diffraction patterns from a refractor in the brighter stars? Is this from processing?

cytan

On Saturday, December 12, 2020, 09:58:35 AM CST, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

I think it has to do with whether you are logged in or not. The full resolution image is available only if you are logged in.
Ah thank you, that makes sense.

I think it has to do with whether you are logged in or not. The full resolution image is available only if you are logged in.

Just out of curiosity, why are there "cross" diffraction patterns from a refractor in the brighter stars? Is this from processing?
It comes from the chip itself. There are microlenses above each pixel and they add a small diffraction pattern to the star images.