From: Luca Marinelli <photo@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Nov 27, 2020 11:47 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Pickering's Triangle

Dear All,

Over the Summer I collected 19 hours of data on Pickering's Triangle using the AP1100GTO with a 10in Newt. Today my image was selected as image of the day on Astrobin!

This Summer I built an observatory in my backyard and have now a Mach1GTO (soon to be replaced by a Mach2) and an AP1100 on two piers. Not having to set up every night I image has been such a huge step un in quality of data and life!

The high resolution image with full acquisition details is on astrobin: https://astrob.in/xm1fcn/0/

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

--Luca

Don Anderson

Beautiful Luca! Well done!

Don Anderson

On Friday, November 27, 2020, 10:48:10 a.m. MST, Luca Marinelli <photo@...> wrote:

Dear All,

Over the Summer I collected 19 hours of data on Pickering's Triangle using the AP1100GTO with a 10in Newt. Today my image was selected as image of the day on Astrobin!

This Summer I built an observatory in my backyard and have now a Mach1GTO (soon to be replaced by a Mach2) and an AP1100 on two piers. Not having to set up every night I image has been such a huge step un in quality of data and life!

The high resolution image with full acquisition details is on astrobin: https://astrob.in/xm1fcn/0/

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

--Luca

Karen Christen

Wow, that’s gorgeous, Luca.  It has a wonderful artistic quality.  Thank you for sharing, and we’re delighted to hear you’re making good use of your astro-gear!

Karen

AP

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Dean Jacobsen

Excellent!  The ASI1600MM sure does a fine job in the hands of an expert user.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Luca Marinelli

Thank you very much for the positive comments!

The ASI1600MM in spite of all its well known limitations is a wonderful little camera, especially for narrowband imaging. I have a QHY 294M coming that will replace it and, if my calculations are correct, it should almost double the etendue of my imaging system with minimal loss in resolution. In those rare nights when seeing is exceptional, the unbinned mode with 2.3um pixels will sacrifice some speed for higher resolution.

Luca