From: Max Mirot via groups.io <titansmoons@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Dec 13, 2020 6:58 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] 130 EDF Starfire Field Flatteners

Please let me know if these are going to be produced.

I made the mistake of selling my old flattner.
I was thinking the Quad TCC was going to work.
Then I found out it is not compatible with the older F6.
Now my scope is doing visual only duty since I have to find another one.

Max

Karen Christen

Yes, we are working on producing a Field Flattener for the 130 EDF.  We’re sourcing glass now.

Karen

AP

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Max Mirot

Please let me know if these are going to be produced.

I made the mistake of selling my old flattner.
I was thinking the Quad TCC was going to work.
Then I found out it is not compatible with the older F6.
Now my scope is doing visual only duty since I have to find another one.

Max

Barry Megdal

Sorry again – that of course should have said “listed on Astromart”, not Ebay.

-        Barry

Dr. Barry Megdal

President

Shb Instruments, Inc.

19215 Parthenia St.  Suite A

Northridge, CA 91324

www.shbinstruments.com

(818) 773-2000  (818)773-2005 fax

bmegdal@...

Faculty (retired)

Dept. of Electrical Engineering

Caltech

Barry Megdal

Sorry for the previous blank email.

All this talk of 130EDF Field Flattener made me look in my AP accessories drawer, and I have one I no longer need.  It is listed on EBay in the Refractor classifieds.

-        Barry

Dr. Barry Megdal

President

Shb Instruments, Inc.

19215 Parthenia St.  Suite A

Northridge, CA 91324

www.shbinstruments.com

(818) 773-2000  (818)773-2005 fax

bmegdal@...

Faculty (retired)

Dept. of Electrical Engineering

Caltech

Roland Christen

Sorry, but all the older 2.7" focuser versions have the Pentax attachment.