From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dale Ghent
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 12:08 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Cc: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Yet Another M31: knocking the rust off in bortle 8

After a summer of little time for astrophotography and my main imaging rig undergoing a near total reconfiguration to accommodate a QHY600, I finally was able to get a few sessions in over the month of October and break in the new system. I haven't seriously imaged broadband before because I live under lusciously gray bortle 8 skies in the jet stream-inflicted mid-Atlantic, and escaping this atmospheric morass means a few hours' drive in any of the cardinal directions... so I've just kind of stuck to narrowband. I'm actually pretty happy with the outcome of this little project, my first Ha+LRGB. I've since fixed some spacing and tilt and am working on some more targets as weather allows.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/hrq1cy/0/

Details in the tech card, etc.

/dale

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Eduardo Oliveira

It came out really well!! Congrats!!

Eduardo Oliveira

Em sex., 13 de nov. de 2020 às 15:22, Karen Christen <karen@...> escreveu:

Being a fan of galaxy images, I always enjoy M31.  This is really pretty, Dale.  'Twas worth your effort.
Karen
AP

[...]

Don Anderson

Very well done Dale! You should be pleased with that one. Gives me incentive to try LRGB in my Bortle 8 skies!

Don Anderson

On Friday, November 13, 2020, 11:08:17 a.m. MST, Dale Ghent <daleg@...> wrote:

After a summer of little time for astrophotography and my main imaging rig undergoing a near total reconfiguration to accommodate a QHY600, I finally was able to get a few sessions in over the month of October and break in the new system. I haven't seriously imaged broadband before because I live under lusciously gray bortle 8 skies in the jet stream-inflicted mid-Atlantic, and escaping this atmospheric morass means a few hours' drive in any of the cardinal directions... so I've just kind of stuck to narrowband. I'm actually pretty happy with the outcome of this little project, my first Ha+LRGB. I've since fixed some spacing and tilt and am working on some more targets as weather allows.

Details in the tech card, etc.

/dale

Bill Long

Nice job!

After a summer of little time for astrophotography and my main imaging rig undergoing a near total reconfiguration to accommodate a QHY600, I finally was able to get a few sessions in over the month of October and break in the new system. I haven't seriously imaged broadband before because I live under lusciously gray bortle 8 skies in the jet stream-inflicted mid-Atlantic, and escaping this atmospheric morass means a few hours' drive in any of the cardinal directions... so I've just kind of stuck to narrowband. I'm actually pretty happy with the outcome of this little project, my first Ha+LRGB. I've since fixed some spacing and tilt and am working on some more targets as weather allows.

https://eur05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.astrobin.com%2Ffull%2Fhrq1cy%2F0%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C8c4b26f442054ccf7cbe08d887ff191f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637408876986187082%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=52g0dY%2Fpd9ln3bpO8AIj5PKI6jwcidVjYxuPp%2FhDckw%3D&amp;reserved=0

Details in the tech card, etc.

/dale

Worsel

Dale

Great image!  Thanks for sharing!

Bryan

Robert Chozick

That is really beautiful. Great detail. Most do not have the great Ha you have. Really nice.

Robert

On Nov 13, 2020, at 12:08 PM, Dale Ghent <daleg@elemental.org> wrote:

After a summer of little time for astrophotography and my main imaging rig undergoing a near total reconfiguration to accommodate a QHY600, I finally was able to get a few sessions in over the month of October and break in the new system. I haven't seriously imaged broadband before because I live under lusciously gray bortle 8 skies in the jet stream-inflicted mid-Atlantic, and escaping this atmospheric morass means a few hours' drive in any of the cardinal directions... so I've just kind of stuck to narrowband. I'm actually pretty happy with the outcome of this little project, my first Ha+LRGB. I've since fixed some spacing and tilt and am working on some more targets as weather allows.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/hrq1cy/0/

Details in the tech card, etc.

/dale

Dale Ghent

Thank you for all of the appreciation, everyone :) It's encouraging after a long break and means a lot.

/dale