Topics

simple meridian management for field imaging automation withh CCD Autopilot with MAch 2 #APCC #Mach2GTO

Andrea Lucchetti

Trying to resurrect this thread...
let's eliminate CCDAutopilot  from the context to make things easier.

still need to understand the relation between RA limits in the AE tab for Mach 2 and the meridian limits in the meridian panel.
one more question in addition to the following:
-for APPM, do the limits specified in the AE tab work or really need to specify the meridian limit in the meridian tab?

Thank you
Andrea

Andrea Lucchetti

Hello Ray & Group,
I have a Mach2 and want to use it with CCD autopilot for session automation.
It is going to be used in the field, no fixed set up.

I'd like to know what is the simplest meridian set up to be used with APCC Pro, CCDAP and the Mach2.
I don't need any complex management, only:
-to allow for 45 min tracking in the west before meridian flip, about 45 min east tracking (less important)
-ability to slew and point in the above area
-prevent slewing near the meridian

After having read many, many times the manual, I am still confused (my fault)
I wonder if setting only the AE limits it is enough for me (or may be too much). in this case it would be nice to know how to set the "Meridian panel":
I assume I don't need to set "meridian delay"
I assume I don't have to touch the "meridian tracking limits/hour angle panel"
I assume I don't need to flag "enable Meridian Tracking limits" in "Operation" panel, because in the help I read: "DO NOT use any other method for setting a meridian delay while you are using the meridian limits.  When properly configured, the APCC meridian tracking limit logic will maintain the correct meridian delay in the system."
Also, because CCDAP manages the meridian flip.

So, what to do if I use the simple AE limit in the meridian panel?
As CCDAP manage the meridian flip I need to know a procedure that work with this software.

I can certainly get help from John on more established AP mount, but the MAch 2 is new.

Thank you very much in advance,
Andrea