Park 4 or Park 5 using ASCOM V2 on AP900GTO #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Anis Abdul

Hi All,

I have been using my AP900GTO with CP3 (V chip) for few years. now and it has been very good. I always used Park 3 position and operated with just SGP and ASCOM driver (not APCC).

I am working on setting up in a remote observatory and I need to set the scope in Park 4 position (For roof park detection and operation). However, whenever I try to use Park 4 (or Park 5), the mount doesn't seem to the horizontal CW position . The RA just swing a small amount and the scope basically. wants to twist 180 degrees. But It goes to Park 3 correctly (Plate-solving etc are all working perfectly).
I have the pretty new  ASCOM V2 (may not be absolute latest but may. be a month old). I cant do user defined park position as well using just the ASCOM driver.

My question is: Do I need to get APCC to get this working properly? I do see park 4/5 as options in the ASCOM driver so I thought it should be working .

TIA and Regards
Anis

Roland Christen

The CP3 did not have Park4 and 5 available. Only 1, 2 and 3.

[...]

Thank you Rolando.

If I get APCC, can I use Park 1 as custom park position? I just need it to park in the same spot everytime for park confirmation for roof to close and for flat panel position on the wall.

Best Regards
Anis

Roland Christen

You can create custom park positions in APCC to point anywhere.

If I get APCC, can I use Park 1 as custom park position? I just need it to park in the same spot everytime for park confirmation for roof to close and for flat panel position on the wall.

Best Regards
Anis

Michael Freeberg <snopak@...>

I have a CP3 controller and I can go to Park 4.  I have upgraded my hand controller to the latest version and the ASCOM V2. Park 4 shows up in my hand controller and I use it to take my flats.

Mike

On Oct 15, 2020, at 6:33 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

[...]

KHursh

I have a 900GTO with a CP3 and V chip. I use the ASCOM driver to set "Park to" and I tell it to park to Park 5. Works every time with SGP or NINA when it's finished with a session.

Anis Abdul

Hi KHursh and Mike
I have the same setup CP3/V chip and ASCOM V2 driver does have the position 4 and 5.. The problem is that it just doesn't go to that position .. Very odd. I am not sure if this needs some kind of setup (I just setup the mount in the new observatory and didn't really change anything

I don't use hand controller (it is not connected) and I control the mount just with the PC.

Thanks
Anis

Roland Christen

I have the same setup CP3/V chip and ASCOM V2 driver does have the position 4 and 5.. The problem is that it just doesn't go to that position .
Check your location, (latitude and longitude). If they are mistaken, then these parks will not go where you want.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 07:52 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> wrote:
Check your location, (latitude and longitude). If they are mistaken, then these parks will not go where you want.

Thank you Rolando! I just checked and Latitude is programmed (00 instead of 30) . Longitude is correct though. I will set that and test!
Regards
Anis