From: Tony Benjamin <tonybenjamin@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Sep 27, 2020 12:12 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Counterweights...How Much Is Too Much Too Balance? AP1100GTO

I've mounted a new scope I have...Plane Wave 12.5. I have the scope as far forward as I want in the saddle (might be able to move it another 2" ahead). Right now I have 110lbs of CW and it still isn't perfectly balanced (probably need another 10lbs.

Is having 110lbs of CW okay? The scope with the imaging train is probably 80lbs?

Tony Benjamin <tonybenjamin@...>

Thanks Rolando,

Guess I'll be ordering another 30lber :)

Peter Bresler

I balanced my PW 12,5 with two 18s and two 10s, and use C clamps to balance the scope. Its right in balance.

Eric Dreher <ericpdreher@...>

See the attached info from the A-P support page:

Tony Benjamin <tonybenjamin@...>

Thanks,

I’ll be trying to move mine ahead a little bit more.