Worsel

Thanks!

Bryan

Robert Berta

Excellent photo.

thefamily90 Phillips

Got it!

Jim

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of dvjbaja <jpgleasonid@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 1:56:45 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Olympus Mons with the Mak 10

Look in the original post. It's an attachment. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 9/22/20 10:01 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

I didn’t get the picture! Can you please resend?

Jim

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of dvjbaja <jpgleasonid@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 11:36:50 AM

The telescope was Roland's fabulous 254mm f/14.5 mak cassegrain. Perfect collimation and superb if not borderline perfect optics. Imagine having a 9-inch refractor to look through. 600X? No problemo.     QHY 5-III462 single shot color + 1.8X Tak extender. This is a new back illuminated single shot color camera that is also capable of black and white images at IR850.  Sharpcap used for video capture.  Autostakkert for stacking and sorting the best of 1000 - 2000 frames, Registax for wavelet processing.  So there ya go. Easy peasy.   

-j 

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 6:51 AM Worsel via groups.io <bryancashion=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
That's an outstanding image!!

Can you give us more details...camera, exposure, etc

Thanks for sharing.

Bryan

dvjbaja

Look in the original post. It's an attachment. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 9/22/20 10:01 AM (GMT-08:00)

Jim

The telescope was Roland's fabulous 254mm f/14.5 mak cassegrain. Perfect collimation and superb if not borderline perfect optics. Imagine having a 9-inch refractor to look through. 600X? No problemo.     QHY 5-III462 single shot color + 1.8X Tak extender. This is a new back illuminated single shot color camera that is also capable of black and white images at IR850.  Sharpcap used for video capture.  Autostakkert for stacking and sorting the best of 1000 - 2000 frames, Registax for wavelet processing.  So there ya go. Easy peasy.   

-j 

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 6:51 AM Worsel via groups.io <bryancashion=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

Bryan

thefamily90 Phillips

Jim

-j 

Thanks for sharing.

Bryan

dvjbaja

-j 

Thanks for sharing.

Bryan

Worsel

Thanks for sharing.

Bryan

Steve C. Mitchell, Sr., O.D.

Excellent in many ways! I took the same image night before last, but didn’t get your detail. Went back and looked at mine and the focus just wasn’t spot on, so…. I believe we are experiencing the damn smoke from California fires here in Kansas now.

Steve

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of dvjbaja
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2020 7:50 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Olympus Mons with the Mak 10

My first ever digital imaging using the Mak Mars attacker.  Shocked to see I actually picked up the largest known volcano in the solar system from my backyard.  

- j

Roland Christen

That is super!

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon, Sep 21, 2020 7:49 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Olympus Mons with the Mak 10

My first ever digital imaging using the Mak Mars attacker.  Shocked to see I actually picked up the largest known volcano in the solar system from my backyard.  

- j

Mike Dodd

On 9/21/2020 8:49 PM, dvjbaja wrote:
My first ever digital imaging using the Mak Mars attacker. Shocked to
see I actually picked up the largest known volcano in the solar system
from my backyard.
Can we see your image?

OOPS, sorry didn't see the attachment. Was looking for a link.

--- Mike

Mike Dodd

On 9/21/2020 8:49 PM, dvjbaja wrote:
My first ever digital imaging using the Mak Mars attacker. Shocked to
see I actually picked up the largest known volcano in the solar system
from my backyard.
Can we see your image?

--- Mike

dvjbaja

- j