Topics

More unguided imaging with the Mach2 - the open cluster NGC 129 #Mach2GTO

Dean Jacobsen

Hi Jim, thanks for taking a look.

1. 180 s at gain 100 offset 50.
2. I haven't done that.  I only get out 3 or 4 times a month for imaging so I haven't had time to do anything like that.
3. I have only had the ASI2600MC out for three sessions.  I have never had a color camera before and I do like the simplicity of using it.  This latest batch of cameras with the back illuminated detectors was something I wanted to try out.  It seems to be plenty sensitive.  I am also waiting for ZWO to come out with the promised mono version which I can use with my existing filter wheel and filters for narrow band imaging.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Jim Hawn

Dean, impressive image.  Well done, especially the vivid colors.  A couple of questions for you.
1.  How long were your individual sub exposures?  I'm gradually increasing unguided exposure times on my Mach2GTO and wanted to compare results.
2.  Have you conducted a "A/B" side-by-side evaluation of your Mach2GTO with the APCC model engaged versus without?  If so, how would you characterize the improvement delta utilizing the model?
3.  What do you find to be the most appealing features and benefits of the ASI2600MC-Pro in the field?  I'm familiar with the technical specs, but interested to hear an assessment from a fellow Mach2GTO user.

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks for taking a look Brian.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/
Amateur Radio Call Sign - W6DBJ

wow looks great, really nice work

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 1:16 PM Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:
Hi All,

The weather finally cooperated enough for me to get out and take an image this cycle.

The scope was pointed at the open cluster NGC 129 this time.  This was the second outing with the new ASI2600MC-Pro OSC CMOS camera.

Here is a 100% resolution crop centered on NGC 129:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/qzh68l/C/

... and here is the full frame at about 50% resolution:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/qzh68l/B/

The Mach2 + the software continue to work great.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/
Amateur Radio Call Sign - W6DBJ

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks Dominique.

The field is very nice with the reduced FSQ-106.

The camera was a nice surprise.  I have never had an OSC camera so I though that I was taking a risk.  However, I think that I will be keeping the camera.  :-)
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/
Amateur Radio Call Sign - W6DBJ

Dominique Durand

Super Dean,
We are very happy to have this new mount.
What a field with the 2600 !!!

Dominique

Dean Jacobsen