maintaining the scope pointing upward while slewing #APCC

lacour.morten

Thank you for answering. If not too complicated, it might be worth considering in an upgrade?

Ray Gralak

Hi Morten,

I wonder if there is a way to make APCC slew while keeping the telescope pointing upward.
If, during slew, the scope points downward there is more stress on the mirror, and it may tend to move more
than if the weight is kept on its posterior support.
Currently, there isn't a way to do that, but it should be possible to implement either in firmware or via a multi-step slew in APCC.

-Ray Gralak