From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Mark Townsend <albertawow@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2020 12:34 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] AP130mm Gran Turismo (Field Flattener and quad telecompressor) to ZWOASI6200M Spacing Hardware

Hello All,

I'm currently using the AP Nose piece adapter for CCD field flatteners and telecompressor (part #ADATCC2) to attach my ZWOASI6200MM camera. The AP Nose Piece adapter makes is very difficult to adjust the telecompressors 1mm spacing allowance. The three compression screws on the adapter can easily create tilt issues plus sliding the camera/filter wheel in out with any accuracy is difficult to say the least. Does anyone know if there is an accurate threaded spacer option available to match the AP field flattener and quad telecompressor to the ZWOASI6200MM&FilterWheel?

Thanks in advance.

R Botero

Mark

What’s the diameter and thread pitch of the filter wheel you have? If from ZWO, I suspect metric, you could use one of the spacing rings from Baader such as this for M68: https://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/accessories/adapters-imaging-accessories/m68-zeiss/baader-m68-varilock-15-20mm-extension.html
Baader also have these for M54 and M42 I believe. And they also sell AP to metric adapters for your flattener.

Precise parts will certainly make you a very good part but the Baader route is also available and likely cheaper, especially if you are not in the US (I don’t know where you are).

Or you could machine an adapter if you have access to a lathe?

Roberto

Michael Hambrick <mike.hambrick@...>

I agree. Precise Parts can build adapters for just about any combination. They do have limits on the minimum length for some adapters.

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support
PO Box 2000
Orange, TX 77631-2000
Phone: +1 (409) 882-2799
email: mike.hambrick@...

Bill Long

If you use the provided 22.1mm spacer, the min length is the same. If you dont use it, the min length of the flattener adapter will be 2.6mm longer. (20.9mm vs 18.3mm).

I agree. Precise Parts can build adapters for just about any combination. They do have limits on the minimum length for some adapters.

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support