1200GTO Pointing Issues

carlburton2001

Hi All
I'm setting up my observatory with all the software.  My 1200GTO mount with CP4 is having pointing issues.  I saw that it was recommended that I select Unpark from position 4.  I tried that with no difference.  Is my keypad database corrupt?  Should I reload my database?

Thanks

Carl

Worsel

Carl

Please provide more info about 'pointing issues'.

For example,
How much is pointing off on the first star?
Does the error change after a sync?
Is the error repeatable?

It is difficult to diagnose 'issues'.

Bryan

carlburton2001

Edited

Hi Bryan
I'm guessing maybe 45 degrees or so to the East, nowhere near close.  Checked my timezone, set at 5(Eastern time).  I never could get mount to find a star past transit, but only stopped trying at 12:30 am.

Yes the error is repeating.   When I go to park 4 the ra looks to be in park 2 with counterweights down and dec correct.

When I synch, I use TheSky, the mount looks to be over correct object but when I slew ota always goes to west side of mount. If I try to use keypad to synch I get error in APCC about target error too far in ra to synch.

Thanks

Pete Mumbower

Hey Carl!

Hope you get this resolved quick, looking forward to see some images from you again. As for the problem, is all the mount/keypad firmware up to date?

Pete

carlburton2001

Hi Pete
Yes it's been awhile.   I'm really retired this time.  All software is up to date.
Thanks
Carl

Ray Gralak

Hi Carl,

Are you unparking from the AP hand controller or the driver/APCC? If you are planning to use Windows software, you should unpark via the driver/APCC.

Also, try unparking from Park 3 instead of Park 4. Park 3 has the scope pointing at the celestial pole and counterweight shaft pointing directly to the ground. If you are using APCC then power cycle the mount and let APCC initialize the mount.

BTW, the latest APCC Pro version is 1.8.4.1. The link is here:

http://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Setup_1.8.4.1.exe

-Ray Gralak