GTOCP3 Repair?

KHursh

So, I was setting up the new-to-me 900GTO today and got a shiny new power supply and hooked everything up. When I plugged in the CP3 to the power source, it kinda flickered, but was on. I tried a test slew and it was OK in RA, but nothing on DEC. Uh oh. I moved the cables around and was getting nothing consistent. I then plugged in the CP2 that came with it and BINGO, everything worked. So, now I have to figure out what's wrong with the CP3. Do they still repair these?

Kevin

Dean Jacobsen

Kevin, if you haven't done this already, try cleaning all of the contacts for the motor cables and also spread out the center pin on the 12V input a little bit with a small flat bladed screwdriver to make sure you are getting good voltage to the unit.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

KHursh

Hey Dean,

That worked beautifully. Thanks for the lo-tech solution!

Kevin

Dean Jacobsen

Edited

Glad it worked Kevin.  Anyone who has ever had a mount with a CP3 unit knows of the 12v power input hack.  [I am assuming that it was the 12v input and not the cable contacts].  Sometimes I would get the yellow indicator light and sometimes the mount would just start working wonky but the indicator light was red.  "Adjusting" the center pole on the CP3 12v input always worked.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/