C11HD on Mach2 #Mach2GTO

Dominique Durand

Edited

Hi,
Here is a little feedback on the use of my Mach2.
The modeling goes pretty well with SGP / Platesolve2.
After photoshoots with the AP130GT, I switched to the C11HD with still use without autoguiding. With 1960 focal length with the reducer or 2800 focal length without the reducer, the quality of monitoring must be up to par.
Here are 2 clusters M13 and M92 made with exposures of 60 seconds and a galaxy NGC6384 made with exposures of 180 seconds.
The problems to be solved are more at the level of C11 than Mach2.
M13
https://astrob.in/full/h1sgqo/0/

M92
https://astrob.in/full/vfeboh/0/

NGC6384
https://astrob.in/full/5c5wt2/G/

Happy amateur astronut
Dominique

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Dominique, these are all exceptional. I could not get any of your links to work but went to Astrobin and found you and the images there.

On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 at 05:26, Dominique Durand via groups.io <dom33.durand=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,
Here is a little feedback on the use of my Mach2.
The modeling goes pretty well with SGP / Platesolve2.
After photoshoots with the AP130GT, I switched to the C11HD with still use without autoguiding. With 1960 focal length with the reducer or 2800 focal length without the reducer, the quality of monitoring must be up to par.
Here are 2 clusters M13 and M92 made with exposures of 60 seconds and a galaxy NGC6384 made with exposures of 180 seconds.
The problems to be solved are more at the level of C11 than Mach2.
M13
[URL=https://astrob.in/full/h1sgqo/0/][IMG]https://astrob.in/h1sgqo/0/rawthumb/gallery/get.jpg?insecure[/IMG][/URL]

M92
[URL=https://astrob.in/full/vfeboh/0/][IMG]https://astrob.in/vfeboh/0/rawthumb/gallery/get.jpg?insecure[/IMG][/URL]

NGC6384
[URL=https://astrob.in/full/5c5wt2/0/][IMG]https://astrob.in/5c5wt2/0/rawthumb/gallery/get.jpg?insecure[/IMG][/URL]

Happy amateur astronut
Dominique

--

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

Greg Vaughn

Dominique,

Thanks very much for sharing your results!

These are very pleasing, especially the clusters with the depth and colors of the stars!

Did you do a model in APCC (under APPM) or did you just do a very precise polar alignment or did you do both.   If you did a model, how many points did you measure over how large an azimuthal area?

I have an EDGE 11 HD and a Mach2 and am interested in trying unguiding imaging as well.   I ask about azimuthal area, because I only have about a 90deg window for observation and focus most of my points there – so just comparing number of points is not a good comparison for me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Vaughn

Alexandria, VA

Looks very good for starters.

Here is a little feedback on the use of my Mach2.
The modeling goes pretty well with SGP / Platesolve2.
After photoshoots with the AP130GT, I switched to the C11HD with still use without autoguiding. With 1960 focal length with the reducer or 2800 focal length without the reducer, the quality of monitoring must be up to par.
Here are 2 clusters M13 and M92 made with exposures of 60 seconds and a galaxy NGC6384 made with exposures of 180 seconds.
The problems to be solved are more at the level of C11 than Mach2.
M13
https://astrob.in/full/h1sgqo/0/

M92
https://astrob.in/full/vfeboh/0/

NGC6384
https://astrob.in/full/5c5wt2/0/

Happy amateur astronut
Dominique

Dominique Durand

Thanks Stuart, Greg, Rolando
Correct polar alignment without more and APPM modeling 90 points, 48 West and 42 East.

Dominique

Michael Dolenga

Nice shots Dominique. I especially like M13, always a favorite of mine. Your photo reminds me of the time I looked at it through at 20+ inch Dobsonian, really amazing.

Michael

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 01:25:54 PM PDT, Dominique Durand via groups.io <dom33.durand@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi,
Here is a little feedback on the use of my Mach2.
The modeling goes pretty well with SGP / Platesolve2.
After photoshoots with the AP130GT, I switched to the C11HD with still use without autoguiding. With 1960 focal length with the reducer or 2800 focal length without the reducer, the quality of monitoring must be up to par.
Here are 2 clusters M13 and M92 made with exposures of 60 seconds and a galaxy NGC6384 made with exposures of 180 seconds.
The problems to be solved are more at the level of C11 than Mach2.
M13
https://astrob.in/full/h1sgqo/0/

M92
https://astrob.in/full/vfeboh/0/