how to clear APCC/APPM model

Is there a way to completely clear an APPM-generated model from APCC?

I see i can disable pointing and tracking, but i want to remove the model completely from APCC

thanks

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Howard Hedlund

Simply delete or rename the file.  The default path is:  C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\Models\ ApPointData-yyyy-mm-dd-hhmmss.pnt   I would rename it and then delete it only after you are certain you will no longer want it.

Mag. 7 Skies!

Howard Hedlund

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone: 815-315-7015

www.astro-physics.com

P Consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Is there a way to completely clear an APPM-generated model from APCC?

I see i can disable pointing and tracking, but i want to remove the model completely from APCC

thanks

--

Brian

Brian Valente

Ray Gralak

Brian,

Is there a way to completely clear an APPM-generated model from APCC?
1. Shut down APCC if it isn't already.
2. Edit the file "C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\settings.apcc" with notepad or other editor.
3. Locate the and delete the lines starting with <PointingModel> through to </PointingModel> (inclusive of those lines).
4. Restart APCC.

-Ray Gralak

Is there a way to completely clear an APPM-generated model from APCC?

I see i can disable pointing and tracking, but i want to remove the model completely from APCC

thanks

--

Brian

Brian Valente
portfolio brianvalentephotography.com <http://brianvalentephotography.com>

Howard Hedlund

Brian,

Ray's solution is probably better than mine, although you might consider doing both. Here is an example of the lines to delete. Yours may differ slightly:

<PointingModel>
<EstablishHome>5</EstablishHome>
<LoadFile>C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\Models\ApPointData-2018-09-11-201350.pnt</LoadFile>
<FormTop>25</FormTop>
<FormLeft>25</FormLeft>
<FormHeight>870</FormHeight>
<FormWidth>1254</FormWidth>
</PointingModel>

Mag. 7 Skies!

Howard Hedlund
Astro-Physics, Inc.
Phone: 815-315-7015
www.astro-physics.com

Author of PEMPro V3: https://www.ccdware.com Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

Is there a way to completely clear an APPM-generated model from APCC?

I see i can disable pointing and tracking, but i want to remove the
model completely from APCC

thanks

--

Brian

Brian Valente
portfolio brianvalentephotography.com
<http://brianvalentephotography.com>

Thanks Ray

what about the sections

<WestPointingModel>
and
<EastPointingModel>

that follow the <PointingModel> xml?

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 11:25 AM Ray Gralak <groups3@...> wrote:
Brian,

> Is there a way to completely clear an APPM-generated model from APCC?

1. Shut down APCC if it isn't already.
2. Edit the file "C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\settings.apcc" with notepad or other editor.
3. Locate the and delete the lines starting with <PointingModel> through to </PointingModel> (inclusive of those lines).
4. Restart APCC.

-Ray Gralak

Thanks Howard!

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 11:32 AM Howard Hedlund <howard@...> wrote:
Brian,

Ray's solution is probably better than mine, although you might consider doing both.  Here is an example of the lines to delete.  Yours may differ slightly:

        <PointingModel>
                <EstablishHome>5</EstablishHome>
                <LoadFile>C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\Models\ApPointData-2018-09-11-201350.pnt</LoadFile>
                <FormTop>25</FormTop>
                <FormLeft>25</FormLeft>
                <FormHeight>870</FormHeight>
                <FormWidth>1254</FormWidth>
        </PointingModel>

Mag. 7 Skies!

Howard Hedlund
Astro-Physics, Inc.
Phone: 815-315-7015
www.astro-physics.com

 Consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

> Is there a way to completely clear an APPM-generated model from APCC?

1. Shut down APCC if it isn't already.
2. Edit the file "C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\settings.apcc" with notepad or other editor.
3. Locate the and delete the lines starting with <PointingModel> through to </PointingModel> (inclusive of those lines).
4. Restart APCC.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro V3:  https://www.ccdware.com Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

You can remove them too but those won't matter if there is no PNT file.

-Ray Gralak

> Is there a way to completely clear an APPM-generated model from APCC?

1. Shut down APCC if it isn't already.
2. Edit the file "C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\settings.apcc" with notepad or other editor.
3. Locate the and delete the lines starting with <PointingModel> through to </PointingModel> (inclusive of
those lines).
4. Restart APCC.

-Ray Gralak

Worsel

Would it not be easier just to move the file to another folder, say /APPM-PNT-Backup/?  Then you do not need to worry about editing and the file could be easily moved back and restored to APPC, if necessary.

Bryan

Howard Hedlund

Moving the PNT file or renaming it is fine.  It’s up to how you like things organized.  However, do NOT move or rename the Settings.apcc  file or you will lose all of your other settings as well.