First light with Mach2GTO

jypeng@...

Hello Ray,
Thank you for helping out. Mach2 is a great mount and worth every dime to own it.
This is my first image using Mach2GTO without modeling. The stars are round and small.
https://www.astrobin.com/p245n9/0/
It was a long store after Ray found out it was user error not using the ASCOM 6.4 when I tried to create the model.
My next image will be modeled without PHD2!
Regards,
Jian Yuan Peng
Telescope: TEC 160FL + 0.9 FRC
Mount: Astro-Physics Mach 2 GTO
Camera: ASI6200MC Pro
Acquisition Date: June 2 ~ June 9, 2020
Frame: 97x600" bin2x2
Filter: Triad Ultra Quad-Band Narrowband Filter
Software: PHD2, PixInsight, Lightroom, Sequence Generator Pro, Photoshop
Location: Palo Alto, California, USA

Dean Jacobsen

Nice job Jian.  I see that you captured the faint and elusive Soap Bubble.

I am looking forward to seeing your unguided images.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Terri Zittritsch

Great shot Jian Yuan,

I have taken some images of the crescent in narrow band.. although I only have a couple hours per filter..   16 hours is a ton of data! I may get 16 hours over a few years (smile).    I hope to get mine processed one of these days... the tech industry hasn't seen any slow down, an in fact it seems to be all the more busy.

How do you like the TEC 160?   I have been thinking of moving from the 140 to 160.  I really need a permanent install for the 180 as for my old body I'm not sure I could even mount a 180.    I really love refractors.

jypeng@...

Hi Terri,
I really like TEC 160 which is well built and good quality the same as A-P's products.  It fits Mach2GTO very well. TEC 160 weight and length is manageable for me and I keep 160 on the mount in my courtyard covered by TeleGizmos360 in the summer. I will mount it on/off during the rainy season.  I think you should have a permanent installation for 180.
Hope to see your crescent image too.
Thanks,
Jian Yuan Peng

jypeng@...

Hi Dean,
I saw your crescent image in the astrobin and confirmed that you got Soap Bubble too last week.
Thank you,
Jian Yuan Peng

Dean Jacobsen

You have good eyes if you can see the Soap Bubble in my regular full frame image.  It is there, but barely visible.

I did a starless version and the Soap Bubble is much more visible.  Here is a link to a cropped starless version:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/01gevt/B/
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Terri Zittritsch

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 03:44 PM, Dean Jacobsen wrote:
ou have good eyes if you can see the Soap Bubble in my regular full frame image.  It is there, but barely visible.

I did a starless version and the Soap Bubble is much more visible.  Here is a link to a cropped starless version:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/01gevt/B/

Dean, the soap bubble jumps out on your image, so not difficult to find.  My image is framed differently and at 1000mm focal length,  so don't think the bubble will even be in mine.    Darn.

Terri

Dean Jacobsen

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 03:03 PM, Terri Zittritsch wrote:
Dean, the soap bubble jumps out on your image, so not difficult to find.
I am going to have to get over to the optometrist pronto then.  Time for new glasses. :-)

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Karen Christen

Wow, Jian.  That’s a really pleasing image.  Congratulations!

Karen C

AP

Thank you for helping out. Mach2 is a great mount and worth every dime to own it.
This is my first image using Mach2GTO without modeling. The stars are round and small.
https://www.astrobin.com/p245n9/0/
It was a long store after Ray found out it was user error not using the ASCOM 6.4 when I tried to create the model.
My next image will be modeled without PHD2!
Regards,
Jian Yuan Peng

Telescope: TEC 160FL + 0.9 FRC

Mount: Astro-Physics Mach 2 GTO

Camera: ASI6200MC Pro

Acquisition Date: June 2 ~ June 9, 2020

Frame: 97x600" bin2x2

Filter: Triad Ultra Quad-Band Narrowband Filter

Software: PHD2, PixInsight, Lightroom, Sequence Generator Pro, Photoshop

Location: Palo Alto, California, USA

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics