From: Masera, David <DAMASERA@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jun 24, 2020 10:05 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach2 Keypad

Hi A-P,

Just wondering when the keypads for the Mach2 mount will be ready to ship.  I am fortunate to have received my Mach2 mount recently - Quite a work of art.  I have been reading A-P is finalizing some Keypad updates that appeal to the astro-imagers in the group before sending them out the door.  I am a visual observer who will set up in the field.  I do not want to drag my computer and table out to the site, or use a phone based app to interface with the mount.  I am sure the keypad will do everything a visual observer will ask of it, and more.  Perhaps if the Keypads are 95% complete in their programming, you could send them out.  I know the visual observers in the group will appreciate it.  You can always follow up with a software update to get the keypad programming up to 100% complete.

David

Dean Jacobsen

Will the new update be backward compatible with the older mounts as well?  For instance, if I update my existing keypad to work with the CP5, then can it also be used with my CP3 equipped 900GTO?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

The newest keypad version will work with CP4/CP5 controllers.

Will the new update be backward compatible with the older mounts as well?  For instance, if I update my existing keypad to work with the CP5, then can it also be used with my CP3 equipped 900GTO?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Michael Hambrick <mike.hambrick@...>

Is it safe to assume that if we currently own a Keypad and CP4 that we will be able to download the new software to our existing Keypads ?

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support
PO Box 2000
Orange, TX 77631-2000
Phone: +1 (409) 882-2799
email: mike.hambrick@...

Roland Christen

Certainly. You will also have to load new software into the CP4, but that's real easy.

Is it safe to assume that if we currently own a Keypad and CP4 that we will be able to download the new software to our existing Keypads ?

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support
PO Box 2000
Orange, TX 77631-2000
Phone: +1 (409) 882-2799
email: mike.hambrick@...

DFisch

Roland, will the new CP5 need updated once the keypads are received?

TJF ThinkPad1

Certainly. You will also have to load new software into the CP4, but that's real easy.

Is it safe to assume that if we currently own a Keypad and CP4 that we will be able to download the new software to our existing Keypads ?

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support
PO Box 2000
Orange, TX 77631-2000
Phone: +1 (409) 882-2799
email: mike.hambrick@...

Roland Christen

Yes, the CP5 controllers will get new software. Updating takes about 5 seconds.