Messier 13 with 10in Newtonian and AP 1100GTO mount

Luca Marinelli

I have been imaging with a TS ONTC 10in f4 Newtonian scope for a couple of years (40lbs with all the bells and whistles attached and just about a meter long). I had it mounted on a latest generation AP Mach1GTO mount and this Spring I bought an AP 1100GTO from a ap-gto fellow subscriber. I expected to find significant improvement in the atmospheric conditions it could handle but I was pleasantly surprised at how much tighter and rounder stars were under pretty much all circumstances. I couldn't be happier with the combination of the AP 1100GTO and APPC Pro. It truly just works night in and night out.

The first image I was processed with this imaging system is a deep view of Messier 13. I annotated all the galaxies in the field of view using the Hyperleda catalog and you can find smudges in the image corresponding to galaxies down to roughly magnitude 22.5. This image was awarded Astrobin's Image of the Day today. The annotated images can be found on my Astrobin page, if you are interested:

https://astrob.in/ydk4cz/0/

I hope you enjoy the images!

Cheers,

Luca

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

That is an excellent image - I really love these ONTC scopes.  I went with the 8 inch f/4 as I did not think the 10 inch f/4 was a good match for the Mach1 and it has not disappointed me.

Michael Fulbright

On 6/18/20 11:54 AM, Luca Marinelli wrote:
[...]

Karen Christen

Congratulations on the AID, Luca!  Your M13 is a beauty!

Karen

AP

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

really wonderful images, well done

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 8:54 AM Luca Marinelli <photo@...> wrote:
[...]

Brian

Brian Valente

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Luca, that is a superb M13!

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 11:54, Luca Marinelli <photo@...> wrote:
[...]

http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

Dean Jacobsen

Great image Luca.  The colorful stars are very nice.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

An excellent rendition of that famous object. Colors nicely preserved, very well processed.