APCC and APPM is amazing

Just to close that out, we believe the reflections are caused by a missing baffle around the main mirror on the planewave cdk17. very unusual this happened, but a fix is in the works

Brian

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 7:44 AM myrussellm via groups.io <mikerussell63=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Barry

Apologies, replied to the wrong post - the other image was with a planewave scope having six reflections in the image

Cheers

Mike

--
Brian

Brian Valente

myrussellm

Barry

Apologies, replied to the wrong post - the other image was with a planewave scope having six reflections in the image

Cheers

Mike

Barry Megdal

Interesting comment about a reflection – can you provide more detail?

Thanks

-        Barry

Dr. Barry Megdal

President

Shb Instruments, Inc.

19215 Parthenia St.  Suite A

Northridge, CA 91324

www.shbinstruments.com

(818) 773-2000  (818)773-2005 fax

bmegdal@...

Faculty (retired)

Dept. of Electrical Engineering

Caltech

myrussellm

Barry

looks like the image has an internal reflection of the CCD Chip

Cheers Mike

Barry Megdal

Finally had a night with decent (not great – 2”) seeing, and this is part of a run with my 1.6 meter focal length very long refractor (AP206).  1600 mount with encoders.

Large APPM model I did back in February, which now works better with the latest APCC.

It wasn’t this perfect all night, but no guiding was needed at all during this interval: