Automating Meridian Flips with APCC Pro and with Sequence Generator #APCC

Dean Jacobsen

I am researching setting up automated meridian flips with Sequence Generator.

I have set up a one hour [15 degree] meridian delay in in APCC for point mapping and then for imaging past the meridian.

What I am wondering is whether the information concerning my APCC defined meridian delay is accessible to SGP and is is used by SGP in calculating the modified meridian position?

I can't find any information on this in the documentation.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Hi Dean,

> I can't find any information on this in the documentation.

HINT: click the little "?" button in the upper right corner of most group boxes to get context-sensitive help. Here is a screen shot of one portion of the meridian limits

So, SGPro does not read anything from APCC. It doesn't and shouldn't know anything about APCC.

APCC, however, knows how to send the meridian limit to SGPro.

BTW, some of the controls have Tooltips that will pop up information when you hover over the control, like this:

-Ray Gralak

Dean Jacobsen

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 11:00 AM, Ray Gralak wrote:

APCC, however, knows how to send the meridian limit to SGPro.

BTW, some of the controls have Tooltips that will pop up information when you hover over the control, like this:

Aha!  I should have seen that!  I have the screen up and I had already checked the box, so I had probably already seen the tool tip at some point.

...information overload on this end...

So, thanks for that Ray.

It looks like everything will work as I had hoped.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Terri Zittritsch

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 01:44 PM, Dean Jacobsen wrote:
I am researching setting up automated meridian flips with Sequence Generator.

I have set up a one hour [15 degree] meridian delay in in APCC for point mapping and then for imaging past the meridian.

What I am wondering is whether the information concerning my APCC defined meridian delay is accessible to SGP and is is used by SGP in calculating the modified meridian position?

I can't find any information on this in the documentation.
Dean, I use SGPro and APCC very successfully with the Mach2.      I set my meridian limits using the editor and enable those limits.   After doing this, and picking a target that is within those meridian limits (early flip area - bring weight up or imaging past) it works with SGPro sequences.  IN fact you can test it prior to actually imaging, just pick a target in the early flip area to see that it starts weights up.    I've never had to change a thing in SGPro.   I do have the box checked on the meridian tab to send limits to SGPro.

I've tested it to the limits to where it goes to my target, in some cases almost 3 hours before a normal meridian flip.   Works great.

Terri

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks for the tips Terri.  I am slowly getting things figured out... one piece at a time.

I got point mapping and tracking rate correction for unguided imaging working last night.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Dean Jacobsen

Here is a link to my first ever unguided image using the Mach2 and APCC/APPM.

It is only at 318mm focal length but I guess you have to start somewhere:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/01gevt/0/
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Great image. Is that a single or mosaic?

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 05:02 PM, Dean Jacobsen wrote:
ere is a link to my first ever unguided image using the Mach2 and APCC/APPM.

It is only at 318mm focal length but I guess you have to start somewhere:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/01gevt/0/
--

Dean, that's a gorgeous shot, wow!
The last time I took the crescent was back with a T3i canon on my ES102, needless to say, I didn't capture the fine details that you have captured here.

Terri

Terri

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks for taking a look Roland and Terri.

Roland, it is a single frame.  The detector on the ASI1600MM-C is the same size as your QSI 683 -> 4/3".  The vertical has been cropped down a little to make it a little easier to look at since the image was rotated 90 degrees.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

I guess I'm not used to such tiny pixels ;^))

Thanks for taking a look Roland and Terri.

Roland, it is a single frame.  The detector on the ASI1600MM-C is the same size as your QSI 683 -> 4/3".  The vertical has been cropped down a little to make it a little easier to look at since the image was rotated 90 degrees.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Dean Jacobsen

Small refractors and the small pixel CMOS cameras = a lot of fun.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/