APCC, APPM pointing model and camera rotation

Sam Saeed

Hello,

I’m about to purchase the APCC Pro software from Astro-Physics for my AP1100 mount. I do a have a quick question regarding the pointing model.

Will the model be affected by the rotation of the camera or removing it for maintenance and mounting it again in the same orientation?

What is the impact on pointing, tracking, etc..?

Do I have to recreate the model after such event?

Thank you very much.

Sam Saeed

https://www.decanstars.com

Roland Christen

Pointing is a function between your planetarium program and the mount. You camera does not come into the equation.

From: <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of "uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io" <chris1011@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 3:45 PM
To: "main@ap-gto.groups.io" <main@ap-gto.groups.io>

Pointing is a function between your planetarium program and the mount. You camera does not come into the equation.

I’m about to purchase the APCC Pro software from Astro-Physics for my AP1100 mount. I do a have a quick question regarding the pointing model.

Will the model be affected by the rotation of the camera or removing it for maintenance and mounting it again in the same orientation?

What is the impact on pointing, tracking, etc..?

Do I have to recreate the model after such event?

Thank you very much.

Sam Saeed

Sam Saeed

Ron,

Thank you for sharing. Very nice work.

Sam Saeed

https://www.decanstars.com

I’m about to purchase the APCC Pro software from Astro-Physics for my AP1100 mount. I do a have a quick question regarding the pointing model.

Will the model be affected by the rotation of the camera or removing it for maintenance and mounting it again in the same orientation?

What is the impact on pointing, tracking, etc..?

Do I have to recreate the model after such event?

Thank you very much.

Sam Saeed

Roland Christen

I suppose your answer is the same regarding the camera does not come into the equation.
That is correct. The camera does not do anything as far as mount functions. It's like an eyepiece with a crosshair. You can rotate the crosshair all you want, it has no effect on the mount tracking rates.

From: <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of "uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io" <chris1011@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 3:45 PM
To: "main@ap-gto.groups.io" <main@ap-gto.groups.io>