A note about posting URLs

Mike Dodd

Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/5C8aT8VCuVk
Hope the link works:
https://www.astrobin.com/full/vsz056/0/?nc=user
Do you know that if you enclose a URL in angle brackets, most email programs will make it a clickable link?

Just click anywhere inside the angle brackets to open the page in a browser -- no need to copy and paste the URL into the address bar. Try it here:

<https://youtu.be/5C8aT8VCuVk>
<https://www.astrobin.com/full/vsz056/0/?nc=user>

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
Louisa County, Virginia USA
http://astronomy.mdodd.com

jimmyjujames

I did not know about the <URL> brackets.

<http://www.jimmyjujames.com/>

I found if I add a new return at end of URL it turns URL blue and makes it linkable.

Jimmy
The sky is not the limit!

Mike Dodd

On 6/3/2020 1:12 PM, jimmyjujames wrote:
I did not know about the <URL> brackets.

<http://www.jimmyjujames.com/>
I found if I add a new return at end of URL it turns URL blue and makes
it linkable.
http://www.jimmyjujames.com/
I think I'm a bit out of date. The link in Roland's original post I received was not a clickable link, but the URLs in my reply WERE links when the posting came back from groups.io.

I received a private email from someone saying he hasn't used angle brackets for 10 years.

It looks like modern email clients (I use Thunderbird) convert many but not all URLs to clickable links.

--- Mike