From: Leon via groups.io <lftscope@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sun, May 31, 2020 7:37 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] AP 1100 mount and phd2

Hello, can you tell me if there are recommended aggressiveness settings for the ap1100 mount when using phd2? I presently don’t have a problem but was wondering if AP has a recommendation? Thanks Leon F.

Leon

Thanks this is helpful, could you elaborate just a little more for us beginners on this?  Very much appreciated. Leon F.

On Jun 1, 2020, at 7:57 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Aggressiveness is not a setting for a mount, it is a setting for your sky conditions. If you use the Guiding Assistant and let it run thru the whole cycle, it will determine for you, based on sky conditions, what your parameters should be - aggress, min-mo etc.

Hello, can you tell me if there are recommended aggressiveness settings for the ap1100 mount when using phd2? I presently don’t have a problem but was wondering if AP has a recommendation? Thanks Leon F.

Roland Christen

Best for you to go on the PHD group. They have very helpful people there that understand the program far beyond my meager knowledge.

Thanks this is helpful, could you elaborate just a little more for us beginners on this?  Very much appreciated. Leon F.

On Jun 1, 2020, at 7:57 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Aggressiveness is not a setting for a mount, it is a setting for your sky conditions. If you use the Guiding Assistant and let it run thru the whole cycle, it will determine for you, based on sky conditions, what your parameters should be - aggress, min-mo etc.

Hello, can you tell me if there are recommended aggressiveness settings for the ap1100 mount when using phd2? I presently don’t have a problem but was wondering if AP has a recommendation? Thanks Leon F.

Dean Jacobsen

Leon,

I found this document very helpful when I was learning PHD2 - https://openphdguiding.org/phd2-best-practices/

The guiding assistant is quite good.  I let it do its thing once I get set up and it gets dark.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Leon

Wow, extremely helpful, thank you!!

On Jun 1, 2020, at 9:12 AM, Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:

Leon,

I found this document very helpful when I was learning PHD2 - https://openphdguiding.org/phd2-best-practices/

The guiding assistant is quite good.  I let it do its thing once I get set up and it gets dark.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Worsel

Leon

This baseline procedure was put together by one of the responders on the PHD2 forum.

"A good way to ensure a solid guiding baseline is to follow the baseline guiding steps, link below. I realize you may have done many of these steps already, but doing them as described gives you (and us) a clean calibration, GA run, and guidelog from which we can further look at your results

if not, at least do a fresh calibration near the meridian and celestial equator intersection (dec close to 0) followed by a guiding assistant run and 15-30 minutes of uninterrupted guiding"

Bryan

Leon I am a regular over at PHD,

i put together a baseline guiding tutorial that should get you most of the way to a working setup, it's often used as a first step to getting your guiding dialed in:

If you have additional questions you can drop those logs over at the phd forums and it's a good starting point for analysis

Brian

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 7:36 AM Leon via groups.io <lftscope=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Wow, extremely helpful, thank you!!

On Jun 1, 2020, at 9:12 AM, Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:

Leon,

I found this document very helpful when I was learning PHD2 - https://openphdguiding.org/phd2-best-practices/

The guiding assistant is quite good.  I let it do its thing once I get set up and it gets dark.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Brian

Brian Valente

Leon

Thanks, all this help in my learning curve is great!! thanks again!