Topics

The SkyX Star Synchronization

Dean Jacobsen

I fell silly for asking this question.  I have always been a GTO Keypad user and one of the first things that I do when initializing my mount is to slew to a known star, center the star on the imaging chip and then use the RECAL feature on the keypad.  THen I am good to go and when I start up TheSkyX, SGP, and PHD2, the software is getting the updated pointing information.

Now I am temporarily without the keypad.

I know this has been discussed countless times before and I vaguely remember seeing reference to it in the manuals.  But I haven't found it in the Mach2 or GTOCP5 manual yet...

Does the Star Synchronization tool in TheSkyX's telescope tab perform the same function as the RECAL?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Mike Dodd

On 5/25/2020 1:07 PM, Dean Jacobsen wrote:
Does the Star Synchronization tool in TheSkyX's telescope tab perform
the same function as the RECAL?
It's been a long time since I looked in SkyX, but I believe there's an option to "use recalibrate when Sync is clicked."

I suggest you dig deep and see if you can find something along this line.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
Louisa County, Virginia USA
http://astronomy.mdodd.com

Dean Jacobsen

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 10:40 AM, Mike Dodd wrote:
It's been a long time since I looked in SkyX, but I believe there's an option to "use recalibrate when Sync is clicked."

I suggest you dig deep and see if you can find something along this line.
I remember that being there too once upon a time.  But I can't find it now.  So maybe it isn't there in the recent version.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Geert

Dean, it is in the AP Driver that you have to click a box to use Sync as Recal.  Then it will work from TheSky.

Geert Vandenbulcke

Op ma 25 mei 2020 om 19:40 schreef Mike Dodd <mike@...>:

On 5/25/2020 1:07 PM, Dean  Jacobsen wrote:
> Does the Star Synchronization tool in TheSkyX's telescope tab perform
> the same function as the RECAL?

It's been a long time since I looked in SkyX, but I believe there's an
option to "use recalibrate when Sync is clicked."

I suggest you dig deep and see if you can find something along this line.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
Louisa County, Virginia USA
http://astronomy.mdodd.com

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Dean, the check box is in the AP driver not TSX. You tell it to treat SYNC as RCAL. Then you're good to go.

On Mon, 25 May 2020 at 13:56, Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:
On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 10:40 AM, Mike Dodd wrote:
It's been a long time since I looked in SkyX, but I believe there's an option to "use recalibrate when Sync is clicked."

I suggest you dig deep and see if you can find something along this line.
I remember that being there too once upon a time.  But I can't find it now.  So maybe it isn't there in the recent version.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

Dean Jacobsen

Thank you Geert and Stuart.  I was just looking in the wrong place.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/