Mach2 transport case

Dean Jacobsen

Has any one found a Pelican case or similar transport case with the same inside dimensions as the Mach2 shipping box?  I saw a suggestion in the manual that the shipping box's padding could be used in a transport case.  That seemed like a good idea.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Dominique Durand

Hi Dean,

My mach2 is scheduled to stay in the fixed position, because I have a mach1 for walking. For this mach1 I used the Geoptik bag (Red) provided for EQ6 and I installed part of the protections of the original packaging reworked there. The mach1 lodges in park3 with its plate and I lodge there also RAPAS Price / lightness + protection + unbeatable size.
For the mach2 with the same frame it could certainly fit with only 49 to 51 lbs to carry. That is studied.

Dominique

George

Dean,

Reference the Mach2 manual.    There is a Pelican recommendation.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Has any one found a Pelican case or similar transport case with the same inside dimensions as the Mach2 shipping box?  I saw a suggestion in the manual that the shipping box's padding could be used in a transport case.  That seemed like a good idea.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks but I haven't found it yet.  ;-)  I see the photo caption on page 2 that started me down this path but I haven't found the recommendation.

Page number?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

George

Dean,

Bottom of page 4…Mach2 Optional Parts.    It is the Pelican iM2875 Storm Travel case.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Thanks but I haven't found it yet.  ;-)  I see the photo caption on page 2 that started me down this path but I haven't found the recommendation.

Page number?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Dean Jacobsen

Just got the case and the padding from the shipping box is almost a perfect fit.  It will work great for transport.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Terri Zittritsch

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 02:59 PM, Dean Jacobsen wrote:
Just got the case and the padding from the shipping box is almost a perfect fit.  It will work great for transport.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Dean, can you send a picture of your mount in the case?   Does the counterweight bar fit?     The counterweight bar on this thing is a huge piece of metal.

Terri

Dean Jacobsen

Here it is Terri.  A pretty good fit of the original packing.  Certainly better than using the original cardboard box to transport.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Terri Zittritsch

Thank you so much Dean.

Just based on what I see, keeping the saddle on there will be tight.    I kind of wish the counterweight bar was hollow vs. solid, because it's so heavy I'd never put it in the case with the mount, at least not without a case-in-a-case kind of configuration.
So in reality we'll need a few cases..   Case/some kind of container for the counterweight bar, and then something or cases for the weights.

Terri

Dean Jacobsen

This is my approach for the "case" for the counterweight bar, the saddle plate and the counterweights:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-22-in-Pro-Box-Black-226036/206291778

I grabbed some old bath and beach towels and I wrap the counterweight shaft and the saddle plate with the towels.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

We have lighter counterweight bars. Shorter ones and smaller diameter bars.

Roland

From:        "Dean  Jacobsen" <deanjacobsen@...>
To:        main@ap-gto.groups.io
Date:        2020-06-09 11:05 AM
Sent by:        main@ap-gto.groups.io

This is my approach for the "case" for the counterweight bar, the saddle plate and the counterweights:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-22-in-Pro-Box-Black-226036/206291778 [homedepot.com]

I grabbed some old bath and beach towels and I wrap the counterweight shaft and the saddle plate with the towels.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/  [astrophoto.net]
Image Gallery - http://astrophoto.net/wp/image-gallery/ [astrophoto.net]
Astrobin - https://www.astrobin.com/users/deanjacobsen/  [astrobin.com]

Joe Zeglinski

Hi Michael,

Please check your RIGID stackable case, “User” reference and his posted item.
– I don’t use one yet.

Joe Z.

From:        "Dean  Jacobsen" <deanjacobsen@...>
To:        main@ap-gto.groups.io
Date:        2020-06-09 11:05 AM
Sent by:        main@ap-gto.groups.io

This is my approach for the "case" for the counterweight bar, the saddle plate and the counterweights:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-22-in-Pro-Box-Black-226036/206291778 [homedepot.com]

I grabbed some old bath and beach towels and I wrap the counterweight shaft and the saddle plate with the towels.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/  [astrophoto.net]
Image Gallery - http://astrophoto.net/wp/image-gallery/ [astrophoto.net]
Astrobin - https://www.astrobin.com/users/deanjacobsen/  [astrobin.com]

Michael Hambrick <mike.hambrick@...>

My bad Joe.

That was Harley Davidson (a.k.a. Tony) who posted about the stackable cases.

This is TWICE I have made the same mistake. I apologize to both of you.

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support
PO Box 2000
Orange, TX 77631-2000
Phone: +1 (409) 882-2799
email: mike.hambrick@...

Harley Davidson

Michael

Not a problem. To pay for your sins just send me your Mach2 mount. You can keep the cases though. All will be forgiven :)

tony