Topics

Mach2 User Manual

Masera, David

Hi AP,

I am fortunate to be in the current group to receive a Mach2 GTO mount in the next couple of months.  I was wondering if AP would post the user manual on their website for download.  I am new to the automated mount world and would like to learn as much as I can before the mount arrives.  It will be a steep learning curve so any help will be appreciated.  Thanks for all that your team does and stay safe.

David Masera

Dean Jacobsen

I have been waiting for the public release version as well.

David, I was looking through the APCC Pro software manual this morning.  It does reference the GTOCP5 controller which is unique to the Mach2 so at least you can familiarize yourself with the software manual in the interim.  It document is on the Order and Download page.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Karen Christen

Hello David,

We have not released the Mach2GTO manual yet because it’s not finalized.  The first Mach2 owners all have a draft copy and are providing us with feedback regarding accuracy, completeness, and usability.  We really appreciate their help!

Karen Christen

AP

From: "uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io" <chris1011@...>
Date: 5/8/20 11:55 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

[...]

Jerome, if you signed on to the Mach1 list in October 2018 then you are ahead of me.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

I wonder why they should be more difficult to install?
They are not more difficult to install. Our "installer" is me, but I don't have the wiring harness for these since the encoder readheads were not available when our electronic technicians were working before the shutdown order. The readheads have come in since then, but nobody at the present time is assembling any of our electronics because they are home. I am in the process of getting these wire harness assemblies made, but it takes a bit of time. I'm not allowed to bring anyone in to do the work, so I have to find another solution - and I will, so please be gentle with me.

I've been watching these posts intently for the last few months.  I've been hesitant to post, not wanting to distract the AP crew from their excellent work.  However, I find myself in much the same situation as Dean Jacobsen, having signed onto the Mach 1 list in October 2018 and later also opted for the low temperature encoders.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about these things, but still I wonder why they should be more difficult to install?  I would think they would be a simple drop-in replacement, having only an upgraded optical component.

(I also wonder where I am on the list, I've been without a useable mount for a long long time.  :)

Thank you, Roland
I know this is a difficult situation, and you're doing the best you can.
Please don't think I'm too impatient.
Jerome