Illuminator Stalk a bit askew - RAPAS

David Enck

Hi All,

Noticed on my RAPAS that I got a few weeks ago that the illuminator Stalk is not straight  out to the right side of the RAPAS like I have seen in pictures online. It  is angled a  few degrees towards me. Online in pictures it is at a straight right angle off the right side of the  main body. It came  this way in the package.   Is there a  bolt that I can losen to straighten it out a bit, but  not affect the reticule inside that lights up, or will it also rotate the illuminated reticle.  I do not want to wily nilly losen anything to rotate it in case I do the wrong thing and mess up the alignment inside..

Thanks!

David

David Enck

Actually, maybe this is the normal angle? I noticed on  a review of the RAPAS on youtube  just now that the persons illuminator stalk is at about  the same angle as mine...

Wayne Hixson

Mine was also angled a little. You can loosen it but don’t. 😄 it will turn the reticle. I had to adjust it Once after bumping it to get the reticle realigned.

On Apr 22, 2020, at 1:26 PM, davidenck@... wrote:

Hi All,

Noticed on my RAPAS that I got a few weeks ago that the illuminator Stalk is not straight  out to the right side of the RAPAS like I have seen in pictures online. It  is angled a  few degrees towards me. Online in pictures it is at a straight right angle off the right side of the  main body. It came  this way in the package.   Is there a  bolt that I can losen to straighten it out a bit, but  not affect the reticule inside that lights up, or will it also rotate the illuminated reticle.  I do not want to wily nilly losen anything to rotate it in case I do the wrong thing and mess up the alignment inside..

Thanks!

David

Roland Christen

The illuminator may not be exactly at right angles. The reticle N-S line is what's important to be straight up and down when you look into the eyepiece. If that is off slightly it can be adjusted by loosening the screws that hold the eyepiece in place.

Actually, maybe this is the normal angle? I noticed on  a review of the RAPAS on youtube  just now that the persons illuminator stalk is at about  the same angle as mine...

David Enck

Ok, great, thank you. Will double check the  N -S line  the next  night I have it out.  And thanks for the speedy  reply (s)!

David