FAPAS vs. RAPAS

Christopher Erickson

I am hoping that some day AP announces a FAPAS.

A 45 degree polar scope. I am just under 20 degrees North Latitude here in Hawaii and the PASILL is too low and, for me, the RAPAS eyepiece is too high and also interferes too much with the OTA, cables, cameras, etc. to be as convenient as I would like. And a prism diagonal would potentially be able to shorten the height/length of the eyepiece and field tube, meaning less interference, cable snagging, etc.

Just a crazy thought.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020, 9:05 AM Woody Schlom <woody_is@...> wrote:

Dean,

I learned to take the RAPAS off after PA on my Mach1 because of cable catching problems.  So the same is probably true of the Mach2 too.

Woody