CP4 Sharing?

Bill Long

Quick question -- I have an 1100 with AE and a CP4 and a Mach 1 with CP3-V2 Chip. If I wanted to, would I be able to share the CP4 between the two mounts? Assuming that any curve stored in the CP4 would be for use with the Mach 1, and the 1100 would of course just use the encoders.

-Bill

George

Bill,

No, control boxes cannot be swapped without losing the PE curve.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Quick question -- I have an 1100 with AE and a CP4 and a Mach 1 with CP3-V2 Chip. If I wanted to, would I be able to share the CP4 between the two mounts? Assuming that any curve stored in the CP4 would be for use with the Mach 1, and the 1100 would of course just use the encoders.

-Bill

Bill Long

I could just re-upload the curve after a swap, right?

Quick question -- I have an 1100 with AE and a CP4 and a Mach 1 with CP3-V2 Chip. If I wanted to, would I be able to share the CP4 between the two mounts? Assuming that any curve stored in the CP4 would be for use with the Mach 1, and the 1100 would of course just use the encoders.

-Bill

George

No, the gear angles have changed.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

I could just re-upload the curve after a swap, right?

Quick question -- I have an 1100 with AE and a CP4 and a Mach 1 with CP3-V2 Chip. If I wanted to, would I be able to share the CP4 between the two mounts? Assuming that any curve stored in the CP4 would be for use with the Mach 1, and the 1100 would of course just use the encoders.

-Bill

Bill Long

Ahh okay. Thanks for the quick response!