Topics

For klutzes everywhere: How to stop the voltage adjust knob on the Powerwerx from rotating

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi guys,
    I use the Powerwerx (recommended power supply from astro-physics) to power my camera, focuser etc. and really don't want it at any other voltage other than 12V. But being a very talented klutz, I finally got tired of being able to rotate the adjustable knob on my Powerwerx by just walking past it :) .

So here's my solution: it is the Loknob Fuggedaboudit (sic) (http://loknob.com/fuggedaboudittourcaps.aspx) It replaces the original knob and screws onto the threads of the pot.

The part that I bought is the Loknob Fuggedaboudit Tour cap 1/2" OD for 6 mm split shaft pot. Here's a photo of the Loknob in action after I had adjusted the voltage to 12V before screwing it on.

Hopefully this helps klutzes everywhere

cytan

Christopher Erickson

Just taking the existing knob off works pretty well too.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020, 10:12 AM Cheng-Yang Tan via groups.io <cytan299=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi guys,
    I use the Powerwerx (recommended power supply from astro-physics) to power my camera, focuser etc. and really don't want it at any other voltage other than 12V. But being a very talented klutz, I finally got tired of being able to rotate the adjustable knob on my Powerwerx by just walking past it :) .

So here's my solution: it is the Loknob Fuggedaboudit (sic) (http://loknob.com/fuggedaboudittourcaps.aspx) It replaces the original knob and screws onto the threads of the pot.

The part that I bought is the Loknob Fuggedaboudit Tour cap 1/2" OD for 6 mm split shaft pot. Here's a photo of the Loknob in action after I had adjusted the voltage to 12V before screwing it on.

Hopefully this helps klutzes everywhere

cytan

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi Chris,

   Depends on whether you've achieved klutz 600 or you're still at klutz 100 :) With the Loknob, it covers up the shaft and basically guarantees that there aren't any rotations.

cytan

On Thursday, April 2, 2020, 03:32:29 PM CDT, Christopher Erickson <christopher.k.erickson@...> wrote:

[...]

LOL. Well said.

-Christopher Erickson