More AP900 Goodness - Caroline's Rose

Dean Jacobsen

I'm still restoring my Astrobin gallery after the loss of everyone's pictures.  Sometimes I find an old image that I think I can do better on now.

This is NGC 7789 aka Caroline's Rose from September 2018 with the FSQ-106 at f/5.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/365581/C/

The low resolution images don't do this open cluster justice so this one has been posted as a 100% resolution image.  Click on the "Full resolution" button in the upper right corner.

I love the smattering of red giants in this one.

Equipment and exposure details are listed on the "Technical card" page.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Dean Jacobsen

.. and another restored and tweaked image - open clusters NGC 7790, NGC 7788, Berkeley 58, Frolov 1, Harvard 21 and King 12 in Cassiopeia:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/366208/0/

A full resolution, 4656 x 3520, was posted for this one too.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Dean, both these shots look super to me!

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 at 00:31, Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:
.. and another restored and tweaked image - open clusters NGC 7790, NGC 7788, Berkeley 58, Frolov 1, Harvard 21 and King 12 in Cassiopeia:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/366208/0/

A full resolution, 4656 x 3520, was posted for this one too.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks Stuart, in looking at them this morning I'm wondering if I overcooked them a little... but whatever.  Too late now.

Restoring my Astrobin gallery hasn't been as simple as I thought it would be.  With every image I get hung up on wondering if I could "make it look better" with the processing I may have learned in the last year or two.

The only time I am truly finished with an image is when I stop looking at it.  :-)
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Dean, we all suffer that I think. Every time I look through my gallery for an old photo I cringe. I want to redo them all. LOL!

I hope the gallery rebuild goes fast for you. Sounds like a major hassle.

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 at 10:50, Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:
Thanks Stuart, in looking at them this morning I'm wondering if I overcooked them a little... but whatever.  Too late now.

Restoring my Astrobin gallery hasn't been as simple as I thought it would be.  With every image I get hung up on wondering if I could "make it look better" with the processing I may have learned in the last year or two.

The only time I am truly finished with an image is when I stop looking at it.  :-)
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Stuart