Topics

Mach2 Actual Location error - help!

Wayne Hixson

My mount Actual Location is showing Latitude 0 and longitude 0 even when my site selected is Seattle? Refreshing doesn’t change it

Wayne Hixson

Update - I rebooted both computer and CP5 my mount is back in Seattle. Terri, wonder if this was related to your mispointing? Do you remember if your site was correct?

Wayne Hixson

No more problems last night, but I’m wondering how to correct an erroneous actual mount location like this? I thought by choosing a site that would fix it.

Another data point / this is not new entirely to me - this was similar to a previous situation with the GTOCP4 and AP1100 in which the altitude in Park 3 showed 0 in APCC, instead of 47 degrees like it should. I don’t remember if the location showed an error in that case.

Wayne

Terri Zittritsch

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 01:04 AM, Wayne Hixson wrote:
Update - I rebooted both computer and CP5 my mount is back in Seattle. Terri, wonder if this was related to your mispointing? Do you remember if your site was correct?
HI Wayne, my issue was a little different.  It had to do with V2 reporting a different coordinate than the direction the mount was pointing.   I believe it was due to a corrupt V2 installation.  Once I reinstalled 5.30.8 it resolved the issue.   I've not seen any issue with the site location.

Terri