From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Wayne Hixson via Groups.Io <wayneh9026@...>
Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2020 4:33 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] GTOCP4 Not powering up

The person who bought my Mach1 is having trouble. He’s using a Pyramid power supply that has worked before. He set up today but the CP4 light isn’t coming on and the Hand Controller doesn’t start. Looking for troubleshooting tips

Wayne

Mike Dodd

On 3/8/2020 7:33 PM, Wayne Hixson via Groups.Io wrote:
The person who bought my Mach1 is having trouble. He’s using a Pyramid
power supply that has worked before. He set up today but the CP4 light
isn’t coming on and the Hand Controller doesn’t start. Looking for
troubleshooting tips
What voltage is the Pyramid putting out? Measure it. Is the breaker tripped?

--- Mike

Mike Dodd

Forgot to ask....

Is the power cable connected to the Pyramid with the correct polarity?

Is the Pyramid's current-limiting control set high enough to supply the current the mount needs?

--- mike

Woody Schlom

Even if that power supply has worked in the past, try a different one.  I’ve had one Pyramid not only die on me, but almost take a couple of other pieces of equipment with it.  Smoke suddenly coming out of a 12v video monitor was the first clue something was wrong.

And when I did a simple test of the PS with a volt meter, it tested fine.  But it wasn’t.  Never did figure out what the problem was with that PS.  But everything worked (and still works to this day) with other power supplies.  So that one is gone now.  And I’ve also retired my other older Pyramid to emergency spare status.

Woody