Mach 1 not connecting

Jon Swanson

I had an odd experience tonight.  My Mach 1 just disconnected for some unknown reason and I cannot get it connected again.  The light is showing red.  I tried connecting through both SkyX and Maxim to no avail.  Shut down and restarted computer soft and hard as well as disconnecting all cables when doing it and unplugging power from mount.  Nothing.  ASCOM just spins and shows 12:00 and no connection.  ASCOM is up to date.  Any other ideas would be helpful.  

Bill Long

You are welcome to call me and I can help. Hit me offline from the list at bill@... and if you have TeamViewer or AnyDesk I can help you solve it. 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Jon Swanson <blackhawksjon@...>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 9:31 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach 1 not connecting

I had an odd experience tonight.  My Mach 1 just disconnected for some unknown reason and I cannot get it connected again.  The light is showing red.  I tried connecting through both SkyX and Maxim to no avail.  Shut down and restarted computer soft and hard as well as disconnecting all cables when doing it and unplugging power from mount.  Nothing.  ASCOM just spins and shows 12:00 and no connection.  ASCOM is up to date.  Any other ideas would be helpful.  

Bill Long

I should add for the community that this sounds like a problem with user context in Windows. Meaning, you have something running in admin mode and standard user mode. At any rate it isnt hard to fix.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Bill Long <bill@...>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 10:03 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach 1 not connecting

You are welcome to call me and I can help. Hit me offline from the list at bill@... and if you have TeamViewer or AnyDesk I can help you solve it. 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Jon Swanson <blackhawksjon@...>

Bill Long

Or....

You have a cable that failed. If you are using a Mach 1 with CP4 and you are not using Ethernet... that would not be a wise decision. 

Still, give me a shout and we can poke at it. 🙂

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Bill Long <bill@...>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 10:07 PM

I should add for the community that this sounds like a problem with user context in Windows. Meaning, you have something running in admin mode and standard user mode. At any rate it isnt hard to fix.

jon swanson

Hi Bill,

I am off to bed tonight.  I am going to try it again tomorrow and see in the daylight if I can find anything.  I am going to change the Ethernet cable as that is really the last external thing.  Like you I am sensing something else because SkyX locked up at the same time and I had to reboot to get it started.  Then the problems began......  It is not the mount but computer based.

Jon

On Monday, February 24, 2020, 11:11 PM, Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:

Or....

You have a cable that failed. If you are using a Mach 1 with CP4 and you are not using Ethernet... that would not be a wise decision. 

Bill Long

Do you use APCC?

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of jon swanson via Groups.Io <trapman66@...>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 10:24 PM

Hi Bill,

I am off to bed tonight.  I am going to try it again tomorrow and see in the daylight if I can find anything.  I am going to change the Ethernet cable as that is really the last external thing.  Like you I am sensing something else because SkyX locked up at the same time and I had to reboot to get it started.  Then the problems began......  It is not the mount but computer based.

Jon

On Monday, February 24, 2020, 11:11 PM, Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:

Or....

Suresh Mohan

It’s been happening since a week , somehow i first connect to phd and then all else connects . Try to re start ur laptop
Suresh

On 25-Feb-2020, at 11:37 AM, Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:

Bill Long

He already said he did that.......

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 10:53 PM

It’s been happening since a week , somehow i first connect to phd and then all else connects . Try to re start ur laptop
Suresh

On 25-Feb-2020, at 11:37 AM, Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:

Jon Swanson

This morning I changed the Ethernet cable and all is well.  It was a good night to have things go kaput with the humidity being what it was/is here in AZ at the moment.  A very dewy night.

Bill Long

Sweet! Easy fix.

Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 7:49 AM

This morning I changed the Ethernet cable and all is well.  It was a good night to have things go kaput with the humidity being what it was/is here in AZ at the moment.  A very dewy night.