New version of APCC

Peter Bresler

I am wondering what the updated version of APCC in November changed?

Peter,

The version history is available when you follow the APCC link from this page on our website:

https://www.astro-physics.com/software-updates/

Click on version history on the next page.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

I am wondering what the updated version of APCC in November changed?

Christopher Erickson

Dust on a secondary impacts the optical path more than dust on a primary. Just FYI.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020, 8:17 AM Rick Darden <rick@...> wrote:
Is there consideration to update apcc pro to allow the mount to be parked at a negative altitude? I am permanent and want to park that way to mitigate dust on the primary.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

I am wondering what the updated version of APCC in November changed?

Greg Salyer

I've always wanted to park my scope pointing straight down to avoid dew forming during storage. However, it would require APCC to do it in a very careful, precise manner to avoid collision with the pier. It would be a great function but I doubt if enough people would want it to justify the programming effort.

Greg

Is there consideration to update apcc pro to allow the mount to be parked at a negative altitude? I am permanent and want to park that way to mitigate dust on the primary.

Greg Salyer

To be perfectly clear, although I think being able to park with the scope point down would be great, I'm not asking for it. It seems like the programmer effort would be huge. Moving the scope to such a position would be tough but handling unpark with the scope in such a position seems like a programming nightmare. Much worse than the much simplier Park 1 vs 4 vs 5 story.

Greg

I've always wanted to park my scope pointing straight down to avoid dew forming during storage. However, it would require APCC to do it in a very careful, precise manner to avoid collision with the pier. It would be a great function but I doubt if enough people would want it to justify the programming effort.

Greg

Is there consideration to update apcc pro to allow the mount to be parked at a negative altitude? I am permanent and want to park that way to mitigate dust on the primary.

Christopher Erickson

Pointing down shouldn't be that big of a deal. Via scripting, send the mount to a pre-defined park position, like Park4, then send it to your custom park position, say, same RA but DEC 90 degrees down. Then stop tracking.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020, 10:14 AM Greg Salyer <astronutcase@...> wrote:

[...]

George

Rick,

It has already been done.   It will be in the next release.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Is there consideration to update apcc pro to allow the mount to be parked at a negative altitude? I am permanent and want to park that way to mitigate dust on the primary.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

I am wondering what the updated version of APCC in November changed?

R Botero

Hi George

Has the issue I quoted in this post: https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/message/67846
been resolved?  Ray said he/AP were aware of it.

Thanks

Roberto

George

Roberto,

Yes, I believe that it has been fixed in the soon-to-be-released version.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.