: [ap-gto] Park 1

Roland Christen

Updated to add: After I concluded my daytime viewing, I told the scope to go to Park 1.  It landed on the east side of the mount, the scope pointing to the north horizon.
This can happen if your keypad time and your laptop/computer's time are different by more than 10 seconds. For that reason we discourage use of Park1 and instead recommend 4 or 5.

From: CurtisC via Groups.Io <calypte@...>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jan 31, 2020 3:59 pm
Subject: Re: Re : [ap-gto] Park 1

[Edited Message Follows]
Thank you, George.  I'll try that.  In the meantime, it's a clear, sunny day.  I did a go-to to the Moon.  In a 30 mm eyepiece (33x) it appeared at the edge of the field.  Once I centered the Moon and did a recal, I did a go-to to Vega, which required a meridian flip.  Vega was very nearly centered.  I don't mention these to provide an observing log of daytime viewing, but to demonstrate that the time and date in the keypad are correct.  I have used Park 3 several times during the past couple of days, and it looks correct.  Should I try Park 2 and use a level?

Updated to add: After I concluded my daytime viewing, I told the scope to go to Park 1.  It landed on the east side of the mount, the scope pointing to the north horizon.

CurtisC

Edited

I thought the ASCOM driver and/or APCC automatically updated the keypad's date & time from the computer.  No?  I was operating with APCC as recently as Wednesday night.  I use Park 4 when using APCC, but my keypad doesn't have it.  What is Park 5?

Ray Gralak

I thought the ASCOM driver and/or APCC automatically updated the keypad's date & time.
The ASCOM driver send time and date to the controller, but this does not update the keypad's date and time.

What is Park 5?
You can find all the park positions here on pages 21 and 22:

https://astro-physics.info/tech_support/mounts/quick-start-workflow-guide.pdf

-Ray Gralak