gtocp4

Suresh Mohan

Hi friends ,
I own a Mach 1 and on my good day buy a AP 1100 . I have a gtocp3 controller that works super fine , pls tell me if I should buy a new controller and why ?
Thanks for your time
Suresh

Don Anderson

Hello Suresh
Whether or not to upgrade to the CP4 is a personal choice. It really depends on how you plan on using the new mount. You should study carefully the features of the CP4 controller (and the upcoming keypad upgrade software) and see if the new features are something that will enhance your astronomy and astrophotography experience. 

Don Anderson

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 08:51:55 a.m. MST, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hi friends ,
        I own a Mach 1 and on my good day buy a AP 1100 . I have a gtocp3 controller that works super fine , pls tell me if I should buy a new controller and why ?
Thanks  for your time
Suresh

Suresh Mohan

Thank you Don
Regards
Suresh

On 24-Jan-2020, at 2:24 AM, Don Anderson via Groups.Io <jockey_ca@...> wrote:

Hello Suresh
Whether or not to upgrade to the CP4 is a personal choice. It really depends on how you plan on using the new mount. You should study carefully the features of the CP4 controller (and the upcoming keypad upgrade software) and see if the new features are something that will enhance your astronomy and astrophotography experience. 

Don Anderson

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 08:51:55 a.m. MST, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hi friends ,
Thanks  for your time
Suresh

Robert Berta

If, like me, you have both a CP3 and a CP4 (two different mounts...900 and new 1100 and hope to use both with your existing hand controller you can BUT if you update the hand controller to the new Firmware that is coming it will than only work with the CP4 and not the CP3. So you have to decide if you want to pay for a second dedicated hand controller or not install the new Firmware. I am waiting to see if any new features are of value to me before getting a second hand controller.

George

…Or, upgrade to a second CP4!   <G>  

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Email:  george@...

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Berta
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 9:58 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] gtocp4

If, like me, you have both a CP3 and a CP4 (two different mounts...900 and new 1100 and hope to use both with your existing hand controller you can BUT if you update the hand controller to the new Firmware that is coming it will than only work with the CP4 and not the CP3. So you have to decide if you want to pay for a second dedicated hand controller or not install the new Firmware. I am waiting to see if any new features are of value to me before getting a second hand controller.

Yves Laroche

Hi George,

If I upgrade my CP4 firmware with the newest one, does my old keypad (less memory) will work?

Regards,
Yves

Le 29/01/20 13:18, George <george@...> a écrit :

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Berta

George

Yves,

Yes, older keypads with the v4.19.3 firmware will work with the CP4 control boxes.  

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Yves Laroche
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 12:33 PM

Hi George,

If I upgrade my CP4 firmware with the newest one, does my old keypad (less memory) will work?

Regards,

Yves

Le 29/01/20 13:18, George <george@...> a écrit :

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Suresh Mohan

I own a Mach 1 and in future buy the 1100 ( provided they will sell without controller 
Suresh 

On 29-Jan-2020, at 11:48 PM, George <George@...> wrote:

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Worsel

Suresh

I bought an 1100 without the controller.  Open disclosure:  I use a planetarium program; so my reason for not needing the controller is somewhat different than yours.

Bryan

Suresh Mohan

Brian I’m asking if they would sell the 1100 without  gtocp4 ? If I buy one now 
Thanks 
Suresh 

On 30-Jan-2020, at 11:06 AM, Worsel via Groups.Io <bryancashion@...> wrote:

Suresh

I bought an 1100 without the controller.  Open disclosure:  I use a planetarium program; so my reason for not needing the controller is somewhat different than yours.

Bryan

Dear Suresh,

No, the GTOCP4 control box is always included.

If you ever sell your Mach1, it will be an advantage for it to have a controller.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Suresh Mohan
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 9:01 PM

I own a Mach 1 and in future buy the 1100 ( provided they will sell without controller 

Suresh 

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Suresh Mohan

Hi Marj,
              Thank you for replying . Ok it will only come with a (gtocp4)box . Thanks
Regards 
Suresh 

On 30-Jan-2020, at 8:53 PM, Marj Christen <marj@...> wrote:

Dear Suresh,

No, the GTOCP4 control box is always included.

If you ever sell your Mach1, it will be an advantage for it to have a controller.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Suresh Mohan
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 9:01 PM

Suresh 

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.