gtocp4

Suresh Mohan

Hi friends ,
I own a Mach 1 and on my good day buy a AP 1100 . I have a gtocp3 controller that works super fine , pls tell me if I should buy a new controller and why ?
Thanks for your time
Suresh

Don Anderson

Hello Suresh
Whether or not to upgrade to the CP4 is a personal choice. It really depends on how you plan on using the new mount. You should study carefully the features of the CP4 controller (and the upcoming keypad upgrade software) and see if the new features are something that will enhance your astronomy and astrophotography experience.

Don Anderson

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 08:51:55 a.m. MST, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hi friends ,
        I own a Mach 1 and on my good day buy a AP 1100 . I have a gtocp3 controller that works super fine , pls tell me if I should buy a new controller and why ?
Thanks  for your time
Suresh

Suresh Mohan

Thank you Don
Regards
Suresh

On 24-Jan-2020, at 2:24 AM, Don Anderson via Groups.Io <jockey_ca@...> wrote:

Hello Suresh
Whether or not to upgrade to the CP4 is a personal choice. It really depends on how you plan on using the new mount. You should study carefully the features of the CP4 controller (and the upcoming keypad upgrade software) and see if the new features are something that will enhance your astronomy and astrophotography experience.

Don Anderson

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 08:51:55 a.m. MST, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hi friends ,
        I own a Mach 1 and on my good day buy a AP 1100 . I have a gtocp3 controller that works super fine , pls tell me if I should buy a new controller and why ?
Thanks  for your time
Suresh

Robert Berta

If, like me, you have both a CP3 and a CP4 (two different mounts...900 and new 1100 and hope to use both with your existing hand controller you can BUT if you update the hand controller to the new Firmware that is coming it will than only work with the CP4 and not the CP3. So you have to decide if you want to pay for a second dedicated hand controller or not install the new Firmware. I am waiting to see if any new features are of value to me before getting a second hand controller.

George

…Or, upgrade to a second CP4!   <G>

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

If, like me, you have both a CP3 and a CP4 (two different mounts...900 and new 1100 and hope to use both with your existing hand controller you can BUT if you update the hand controller to the new Firmware that is coming it will than only work with the CP4 and not the CP3. So you have to decide if you want to pay for a second dedicated hand controller or not install the new Firmware. I am waiting to see if any new features are of value to me before getting a second hand controller.

Yves Laroche

Hi George,

If I upgrade my CP4 firmware with the newest one, does my old keypad (less memory) will work?

Regards,
Yves

Le 29/01/20 13:18, George <george@...> a écrit :

…Or, upgrade to a second CP4!   <G>

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

If, like me, you have both a CP3 and a CP4 (two different mounts...900 and new 1100 and hope to use both with your existing hand controller you can BUT if you update the hand controller to the new Firmware that is coming it will than only work with the CP4 and not the CP3. So you have to decide if you want to pay for a second dedicated hand controller or not install the new Firmware. I am waiting to see if any new features are of value to me before getting a second hand controller.

George

Yves,

Yes, older keypads with the v4.19.3 firmware will work with the CP4 control boxes.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

If, like me, you have both a CP3 and a CP4 (two different mounts...900 and new 1100 and hope to use both with your existing hand controller you can BUT if you update the hand controller to the new Firmware that is coming it will than only work with the CP4 and not the CP3. So you have to decide if you want to pay for a second dedicated hand controller or not install the new Firmware. I am waiting to see if any new features are of value to me before getting a second hand controller.

Suresh Mohan

I own a Mach 1 and in future buy the 1100 ( provided they will sell without controller
Suresh

On 29-Jan-2020, at 11:48 PM, George <George@...> wrote:

…Or, upgrade to a second CP4!   <G>

Regards,