From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Peter Bresler via Groups.Io <PABresler@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:20 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] New Keypad Software

I fairly recently received an email announcing new keypad software. Unfortunately it appears that my keypad is too old to accept it. Can someone please redirect me to this information?

Dean Jacobsen

Hi Peter, this is the latest that I have seen regarding the yet-to-be-released version 5 keypad upgrade:

https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/topic/upgrade_to_new_keypad_version/69318928?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,69318928

George

Peter,

All Keypads can accept firmware version up to v4.19.3.   Version v5.xx will require a CP4 or CP5.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

I fairly recently received an email announcing new keypad software. Unfortunately it appears that my keypad is too old to accept it. Can someone please redirect me to this information?

George

I should add that the earliest keypads…approximately 1565GTO and earlier…will not accept the v5.xx firmware, as they do not have the available memory.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

--

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

Karen Christen

Hi Stuart,

Not yet.  Keypads have their own, unique serial number.  It’s not related to the mount.  (Not everyone orders a keypad.)  Look on the back of the keypad for the serial number.

Karen

I fairly recently received an email announcing new keypad software. Unfortunately it appears that my keypad is too old to accept it. Can someone please redirect me to this information?

--

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Thanks Karen! I will now go find a pry-bar to open up the frozen clamshell and check. LOL!

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 at 12:17, Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

Hi Stuart,

Not yet.  Keypads have their own, unique serial number.  It’s not related to the mount.  (Not everyone orders a keypad.)  Look on the back of the keypad for the serial number.

Karen

I fairly recently received an email announcing new keypad software. Unfortunately it appears that my keypad is too old to accept it. Can someone please redirect me to this information?

--

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

--
Karen Christen

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

Ted Mickle

George,

Two questions concerning the new v5.xx firmware update:

1.  Anticipated release timeline

2. What specific features will it incorporate?

I’ve read some discussions that it will correct for orthogonality errors but haven’t seen an official brief from Astro-Physics.

Many thanks,

Ted

On Jan 22, 2020, at 10:46, George <george@...> wrote:

I should add that the earliest keypads…approximately 1565GTO and earlier…will not accept the v5.xx firmware, as they do not have the available memory.

Regards,

George

George Whitney
Astro-Physics, Inc.

I fairly recently received an email announcing new keypad software. Unfortunately it appears that my keypad is too old to accept it. Can someone please redirect me to this information?

Roland Christen

Please read my previous post.