Topics

Mach2 Shipping?

Larry Phillips

Dare I ask, have any Mach2s been shipped yet?

Larry

Dean Jacobsen

The web site was changed several weeks ago to say that shipments will begin this month.  However, I haven't seen any of the necessary software updates [keypad, APCC-Pro, ASCOM driver] publicly released yet.  The last status update - December 20th - was that the mounts were in "final assembly".  So, maybe soon.

Roland Christen

First batch is in testing, we will update as soon as they are packed and ready for shipping. We see the light at the end of the rainbow.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 7:56 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach2 Shipping?

Larry

Bill Long

Let me know if you need help testing. (kidding... 🙂)

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011@...>
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 10:20 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach2 Shipping?

First batch is in testing, we will update as soon as they are packed and ready for shipping. We see the light at the end of the rainbow.

Rolando

Larry

Roland Christen

We may do that Smile

Rolando

Sent: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 4:57 pm

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011@...>

Rolando

Larry

Bill Long

My services are free of charge. Just for you guys. 😉 

Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:06 PM

We may do that Smile

Rolando

Rolando

Larry

Dominique Durand

I would love to test too  ... in my home 😉 

Wayne Hixson

I’m here for y’all! I am good at finding obscure ways of breaking things. 

On Jan 16, 2020, at 3:30 PM, Dominique Durand via Groups.Io <dom33.durand@...> wrote:

I would love to test too  ... in my home 😉 

Uh oh. See what you've done?!

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020, 3:06 PM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
We may do that Smile

Rolando

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io>

Rolando

Larry

Dean Jacobsen

Hopefully northern Illinois is in for a run of clear nights!

bob

Since the Mach2 has not shipped as of yet, this question is more for Rolando or anyone at AP. I do not plan to use the Mach2 in an observatory, just occasionally at home and in the field. On the website in the “What’s Included” it shows that the APCC-Pro is included with the mount. Dose the GTOCP5 require APCC-Pro to run, or can it run with just the V2 driver. I have noticed that even the current V2 v5.20.09 driver dose not show a GTOCP5 option for a mount controller.

Bob

George

Bob,

Yes, it will be able to be run by using just the V2 driver and third party software.   We will release the required V2 update at that time.  

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-282-1513

Email:  george@...

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of bob
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 10:52 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

Since the Mach2 has not shipped as of yet, this question is more for Rolando or anyone at AP. I do not plan to use the Mach2 in an observatory, just occasionally at home and in the field. On the website in the “What’s Included” it shows that the APCC-Pro is included with the mount. Dose the GTOCP5 require APCC-Pro to run, or can it run with just the V2 driver. I have noticed that even the current V2 v5.20.09 driver dose not show a GTOCP5 option for a mount controller.

Bob

Roland Christen

Dose the GTOCP5 require APCC-Pro to run, or can it run with just the V2 driver.
None of our mounts require APCC Pro to run, and that includes the Mach2. The present version of the driver works just fine with the Mach2, it's what I've been using for the past year. In bare bones operation I have my laptop with MaximDL on for image acquisition and guiding,  and perhaps PHD2 for alternate guiding. I can also bring up SkyX using its ASCOM command and it will automatically connect to the Mach2. The ASCOM driver using either MaximDL or SkyX will initialize the mount. Nothing else is required.

In the meantime we are revising the AP ASCOM driver to add some features which are not in the present version of the driver.

Rolando

Sent: Mon, Jan 20, 2020 10:09 am

Bob